Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 What Do Women Want? And When Will We Shut About It? 
    You've got what you want, girls, stop whining: Has feminism made women unhappy? (well THIS certainly will)

By Neil Lyndon
    Last updated at 3:31 PM on 04th June 2009

One of these days, women really ought to make up their minds about what it is exactly they want. Then they could do us all a big favour by stating, unequivocally, what they have decided it is they want. And then they could cover themselves with glory by sticking to what they say.

In other words, it's about time women - especially their self-appointed mouthpieces - started behaving like fully grown-up adults and citizens. Or is that asking too much? Apparently, it is.

A survey published this week tells us that women today are far from happy with their lot and wish they could live more like their mothers and grandmothers - not having to work so much and free to spend more time with their children.

The fact is, if women do succeed in having it all, the effort and the burden will probably break their back
    The survey, The Paradox Of Declining Female Happiness, reports that women of all ages and income are less happy than women of 40 years ago and less happy than today's men.

Despite sexual and marital liberation, massively increased career opportunities and earning power, educational privileges and the wholesale demolition of the inhibiting conventions that restricted the lives of women in the past, today's women report themselves as feeling a low sense 'of life satisfaction and well-being'.

Well, men might be entitled to retort, welcome to the real world, sweethearts.

What you are complaining about is the very same life that you promoted and celebrated when you were swanking around chanting 'sisters are doing it for themselves'.

One woman commentator perfectly expressed the problem illustrated by this report, explaining: 'It's almost as if, in some ways, we got it all and then found out it wasn't quite exactly what we wanted.'

This is exactly what I have been predicting - against a torrent of vilification and derision from feminists - for more than 20 years.

My book, No More Sex War: The Failures Of Feminism, was not only the first radical, egalitarian, progressive critique of the ideology of feminism (the last and most durable of the 20th century's false secular faiths, like the Marxism from which it drew its cardinal tenets). The book also analysed in detail the intolerable consequences that were bound to result for women if they were expected both to contribute substantial earnings to family life and, at the same time, be solely or even chiefly responsible for child-care.

It has been obvious to me for some 25 years that social and political equality for women (which I wholeheartedly and unreservedly welcome) could not work unless men became equal as parents at home.

The selfish, conceited, man-despising yet predatory 'have-it-all' feminism of the Cosmopolitans was always a recipe for insupportable burdens for women, for intolerable stress, for a self-rebuking, guilt-laden failure to cope and, in the end, for being downright miserable about it all.

The fact is, lady, if you do succeed in having it all, the effort and the burden will probably break your back.
    I think there's a lot of truth in this piece. For a long time the goals of feminism were largely theoretical (if women were brain surgeons, if women were politicians, if women went to West Point) and now all those milestones have become millstones. The truth is that most people don't really have careers - they have jobs and most jobs are either boring or annoying or both. The truth is that raising kids and keeping a well appointed home really is a full time job that sometimes sucks. The truth is that women who work are no more interesting to talk to than those who don't.

So now women feel compelled to have an over-committed job, kids in 24/7 parental lock-down, and a house that doubles as a Sunset magazine photography set. Plus, they need to look really good doing it.

Maybe having it all wasn't such a smart move after all.

Daily Mail

The ole saying comes to mind;" Be careful of what you wish for". :)

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I think there's a lot of truth in this piece. For a long time the goals of feminism were largely theoretical (if women were brain surgeons, if women were politicians, if women went to West Point) and now all those milestones have become millstones. The truth is that most people don't really have careers - they have jobs and most jobs are either boring or annoying or both. The truth is that raising kids and keeping a well appointed home really is a full time job that sometimes sucks. The truth is that women who work are no more interesting to talk to than those who don't.

So now women feel compelled to have an over-committed job, kids in 24/7 parental lock-down, and a house that doubles as a Sunset magazine photography set. Plus, they need to look really good doing it.

Maybe having it all wasn't such a smart move after all.

Daily Mail
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwRfR...eature=related

Democrats: What Women Want?

"Democratic Consultants and Activists have Seen the Future "

Democratic consultants and activists have seen the future, and the future is single women. At least when it comes to the base vote for the 2008 presidential race.
    In a lunch briefing today hosted by the Center for American Progress, experts including pollster Stan Greenberg and Page Gardner, president of Women's Voices, Women Vote Action Fund argued that unmarried women now rank as one of the Democratic Party's most reliable and important political supporters.
    With the number of unmarried, separated, divorced and widowed American women now equal to the number of married women, Gardner said, this group represents 26 percent of the eligible voting population and is "the fastest-growing large demographic group in the country."
    However unlike Carrie Bradshaw and her Manolo Blahnik-wearing friends on the now-defunct series "Sex and the City," these single women are more focused on issue like ending the war in Iraq and better health care access, according to Gardner: "These women are worried about paying the rent, not marrying Mr. Big."
    Greenberg, who released a Democracy Corps poll yesterday examining the voting habits of single women, said this demographic now amounts to "the Democrats' evangelicals," in part because evangelicals make up 23 percent of the eligible vote and are just as reliable in their support for the opposite party, the GOP.
    "What happens to these two groups is going to be quite critical in this election," Greenberg said, noting that two-thirds of single women backed the Democrats in 2006.
    CAP president John Podesta told reporters that single women's political influence will be critical in a race he predicted would center on economic mobility, universal health care coverage, energy transformation, national security and Iraq. And Andy Stern, president of the Service Employees International Union, said his organization would make sure voters understood the 2008 election will be about a "change in policies."
    Of course, reaching single women isn't easy, especially those with fewer economic resources. Gardner said her group has started using the social networking site Facebook to reach out to female unmarried voters according to age: "It's enormously successful." However last election her group tried text messaging single women voters, and "Although it was incredibly fun to do, it was incredibly not successful."
    http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/...omen_want.html
    http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/...omen_want.html

What Women Want
    Guess what? It's not what the media think.

“When women vote, we win," said Inez Dickens, vice chairwoman of the New York Democratic party, to USA Today—implying the usual spin that all women are alike and, naturally, Democrats. Dickens, who fought hard to make sure Hillary Clinton was center stage and in primetime during the convention's opening night, also declared, "She's got something to say. Women are following her."
    That's another aspect of the typical spin: that all women, just because they're women, are admirers of New York's strident junior senator. Unfortunately for Hillary, dressed in baggy buttercup yellow, she neither looked nor sounded her best the other night. Bill, on the other hand, tightly tailored and trim, looked great.
    Add to the "We are all Friends of Hillary" spin the notion, still often accepted by media, that abortion remains the issue most important to women. (Nobody, by the way, ever expects men to be one-issue voters.) That's why Gloria Feldt, president of Planned Parenthood, also had her slot as one of the lead-off speakers in Boston on Monday night.

None of this spin is true.

In fact, a new Gallup Poll of women ages 18 and older published in the August Marie Claire notes that today abortion is practically a non-issue for most women. In fact, only six percent of pro-life and three percent of pro-choice women say it will matter when they go to the polls in November.
    Actress Ashley Judd, the "guest editor" of this Marie Claire—and we're all sure she really, really did a lot of editing—found the polls results "amazing" because she is so "passionate about reproductive rights."
    Ashley even confided that she disagrees with her mother, country star Naomi Judd, about the issue and tells Marie Claire readers, "My mother always talks about how she chose not to have an abortion when she was pregnant with Wynonna. But I'm like: Mom, it was illegal at the time." Bet sister Wynonna loves to hear Ashley's views on what Mom should have done. Personally, I'd take a pass on their family's Thanksgiving dinner next year, wouldn't you?
    Leading ladies aside, what does really concern women this election year? For most, according to the Gallup/Marie Claire survey, it's the economy, security, and health care—exactly the same issues that are important to men. Other polls report that for parents with school-age kids, education matters as well.
    Are all women Democrats? Nope. According to Marie Claire, "Unlike in 2000...in which 41% of women labeled themselves Democrats, [women] are now evenly divided." Thirty-four percent of women describe themselves as Democrats, 31 percent as Republicans and 33 percent as independents. Yet Republican women, or independents who might vote Republican based on the issues, are often made to feel their attitudes are highly unusual by media that still play and re-play the "all women are Democrats" refrain.
    Even Marie Claire seems to want to argue with some of the findings of the poll it commissioned. In the past the magazine has been notably—and sometimes embarrassingly—left leaning. Marie Claire is most famous for championing the cause of "Adelaide Abankwah" a purported tribal princess who allegedly left her homeland of Ghana to "escape genital mutilation." Although immigration didn't buy "Adelaide's" story and kept her in detention, Marie Claire did believe it, telling her tale under a headline that shrieked, "Why Are Women Who Escaped Genital Mutilation Being Jailed in This Country?" The magazine's then-editor made it her "personal mission" to enlist the aid of Hillary, Gloria Steinem, Congresswoman Carolyn Maloney (D., N.Y.), and Julia Roberts to get "Adelaide" sprung.
    Marie Claire should have really titled their piece "Made Up In Manhattan" because "Adelaide" was a royal phony who had stolen another woman's identity and, according to the real Abankwah's lawyer, "ruined the credibility of all bona-fide asylum seekers."
    In the past, when it touched directly on politics, Marie Claire made its biases clear. During the 2000 presidential election the magazine published a "get out and vote" article written by Hollywood producer and political fundraiser Harvey Weinstein, who coyly confided he was a "closet journalist"—but, of course, has never been a closet Democrat.

http://article.nationalreview.com/?q...GYyMjAwMzYwMGE

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    I blame feminists for the misery that is my life.;)
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I blame feminists for the misery that is my life.;)
    But you appear to be a very happy well balenced person.

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    But you appear to be a very happy well balenced person.
    Well, I don't have 7 dogs and live in a trailer but I try my best.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Aretha Franklin said it best . . .

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

We women will know that moment has arrived when the worst epithet one man can throw at another does NOT include the words p***y, c**t, or any other obscenity that likens him to a woman. It is these small things that define what men truly think of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Milly View Post
    Aretha Franklin said it best . . .

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

We women will know that moment has arrived when the worst epithet one man can throw at another does NOT include the words p***y, c**t, or any other obscenity that likens him to a woman. It is these small things that define what men truly think of us.
    Respect is earned as a result of admired behavior and accomplishments .It isn't to be demanded just because of your sex.Some woman just as some men are not worthy of respect because of their foul nature and their lack of consideration of others.

I find that I admire some woman for their beauty but disapprove of their behavior, obviously I don't respect them .The days when woman were treated with automatic respect and deference because of their sex are largely gone .

I admire and respect a few famous woman ,Margret Thatcher,Barbra Bush,Laura Bush and a few others but I don't admire or respect Clinton or his wife and most other political types in America Conservative or Liberal.

Feminists now demand both respect and absolute power over men and have little reason to receive either from them .

I was led to believe that Feminists had no need of men and were more powerful than men but somehow that has changed .Woman now demand that men meet their terms and always allow them every advantage in any competition and allow them to exceed them in business because of their innate antii woman bias .