Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BSR
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Put up a shrine to the great god of Megabits and light some candles !
    Lets all send Dyne some healing white 1's and 0's.

Vista Home Premium will run nicely on a gig of RAM. If you install the New MS Office Ultimate, better have 2G ram. If you want it to open in a reasonable time, better go for 3G Ram. Or, be smart and go for free OpenOffice and save a few bucks on that third ram chip.
    The poster formerly known as chuck58 on the old board.

The big Cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmostThere View Post
    I buy almost all my parts at Newegg. They are the best.
    I love them. I built 14 months ago a box for myself:

Pentium D 3.8 Ghz dual core.

4 Gigs of PC 4200

Asus Crossfire board with 2 ATI 512 PCI express 16 video Cards with SLI bridge

FoxCon Box

600W power supply

2 500 gig WD SATA 3GPS Gard drives

Asus Lightscribe 20X DVD Burner

Vista Ultimate upgrade

all for 850.00 with shipping.

I love my Box and it chews through anything I can through at it
    One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafod View Post
    I love them. I built 14 months ago a box for myself:

Pentium D 3.8 Ghz dual core.

4 Gigs of PC 4200

FoxCon Box

600W power supply

2 500 gig WD SATA 3GPS Gard drives

Asus Lightscribe 20X DVD Burner

Vista Ultimate upgrade

all for 850.00 with shipping.

I love my Box and it chews through anything I can through at it
    That sounds like an awesome box for $850. Did you go with anything special as far as cooling? I'm not into over-clocking so I have never bothered. With the proc you've got there, why bother? That proc on a Crossfire with 4 gig of ram will scream out of the box.

You must be a gamer.

How's that Asus Lightscribe burner? I had a Lite-On a while back but it died pretty quick and I never replaced it. Now I print my DVDs on one of my Epson's. A little clear coat finish over the DVD and the print will not smudge.

Good call on the WD hard drives. Over the years I've probably tried all the major vendors. Western Digital is by far my favorite. I have some HD enclosures that house a total of 8 drives. A couple are 40 gig drives I've had for years but still work great.

And yes, Newegg rocks. I have bought a lot of stuff from them over the years. The worst problem I ever had was once I bought 6 ink cartridges and they sent me 5. I had to wait a few days for them to figure out how they sent 5 instead of 6. You cannot beat how fast they ship either.
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

The big Cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmostThere View Post
    That sounds like an awesome box for $850. Did you go with anything special as far as cooling? I'm not into over-clocking so I have never bothered. With the proc you've got there, why bother? That proc on a Crossfire with 4 gig of ram will scream out of the box.
    I used the heatsink it came with and made sure to channel air from the front intake to the rear exhaust right through the cpu sink.

You must be a gamer.
    Not really, just wanted to play Call of duty 3 on its highest settings.

How's that Asus Lightscribe burner? I had a Lite-On a while back but it died pretty quick and I never replaced it. Now I print my DVDs on one of my Epson's. A little clear coat finish over the DVD and the print will not smudge.
    Have not had a problem with it yet. For 35.00 I cant complain.

Good call on the WD hard drives. Over the years I've probably tried all the major vendors. Western Digital is by far my favorite. I have some HD enclosures that house a total of 8 drives. A couple are 40 gig drives I've had for years but still work great.
    WD drives are tanks. Just be sure to get a buffer at 16 MB or 32 if you can. Cuts down on seek time and make a huge difference in speed.

And yes, Newegg rocks. I have bought a lot of stuff from them over the years. The worst problem I ever had was once I bought 6 ink cartridges and they sent me 5. I had to wait a few days for them to figure out how they sent 5 instead of 6. You cannot beat how fast they ship either.
    And they own up to their mistakes! I used to order from Tiger and stoped when I had to fight with them to take back a dead out of box MotherBoard I bought from them.
    One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.