Thread: 15 Tsars and counting

1. #1 15 Tsars and counting 
    Tsar
    Etymology: New Latin czar, from Russian tsar', from Old Russian tsĭsarĭ, from Gothic kaisar, from Greek or Latin; Greek, from Latin Caesar
    So we now have 15 Ceasars

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009...oint-pay-czar/

WASHINGTON -- The Obama administration plans to appoint a "Special Master for Compensation" to ensure that companies receiving federal bailout funds are abiding by executive-pay guidelines, according to people familiar with the matter.
    Are we really just going to give up our country without any kind of a fight ? There are 15 Tsars making decisions about practically every facet of our lives. Anyone here vote for any of them? Not one of them answers to the American people. People, this is insanity.
    Last edited by AlmostThere; 06-05-2009 at 12:40 PM.
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

Not only are they not accountable to the people - they have zero congressional oversight - so there isn't even checks and balances here.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Banned
    This morning when Bill Hemmer and Stuart Varny were talking about this story they were laughing out loud about it. They were trying to keep a straight face but couldn't. Hell, it is laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmostThere View Post
    So we now have 15 Ceasars

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009...oint-pay-czar/

Are we really just going to give up our country without any kind of a fight ? There are 15 Tsars making decisions about practically every facet of our lives. Anyone here vote for any of them? Not one of them answers to the American people. People, this is insanity.
    unfortunately what we need to fix this country the average person...dare I say the average conservative minded person...couldn't stomach. The next question after that is do we really want to sink to that level? Its not an honorable path that needs to be followed to correct so many things that have been screwed up in our country...however it is more than necessery.
    “The characteristic of genuine heroism is its persistency. All men have wandering impulses, fits and starts of generosity. But when you have resolved to be great, abide by yourself, and do not weakly try to reconcile yourself with the world. The heroic cannot be the common, nor the common the heroic.”
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Freedom is the natural yearning of the human sprit as we were endowed by our creator.
    Rush Limbaugh CPAC 09

Quote Originally Posted by CorwinK View Post
    unfortunately what we need to fix this country the average person...dare I say the average conservative minded person...couldn't stomach. The next question after that is do we really want to sink to that level? Its not an honorable path that needs to be followed to correct so many things that have been screwed up in our country...however it is more than necessery.
    I believe what you say is true. But I think our situation is made worse by the fact that a number of so-called conservative-minded people seem to be overwhelmed and see no course but to surrender. I see this far more than I would have expected. I hear my wife ask, "So what are you going to do about it?", followed by "There is nothing we can do to stop it". I hear the same exact sentiment from others. Conservative-minded people with children who are willing to go down without a fight. So many things are happening that I never believed I'd see in my lifetime. :(
    Last edited by AlmostThere; 06-06-2009 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmostThere View Post
    I believe what you say is true. But I think our situation is made worse by the fact that a number of so-called conservative-minded people seem to be overwhelmed and see no course but to surrender. I see this far more than I would have expected. I hear my wife ask, "So what are you going to do about it?", followed by "There is nothing we can do to stop it". I hear the same exact sentiment from others. Conservative-minded people with children who are willing to go down without a fight. So many things are happening that I never believed I see in my lifetime. :(
    the revolutions in this country (1776 & 1861) were not fought by childless men. People need to realize that taking the chance on not being there to see their children grow is a chance worth taking if their efforts contribute to them growing up knowing what freedom truly is.
    “The characteristic of genuine heroism is its persistency. All men have wandering impulses, fits and starts of generosity. But when you have resolved to be great, abide by yourself, and do not weakly try to reconcile yourself with the world. The heroic cannot be the common, nor the common the heroic.”
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Freedom is the natural yearning of the human sprit as we were endowed by our creator.
    Rush Limbaugh CPAC 09

Quote Originally Posted by CorwinK View Post
    the revolutions in this country (1776 & 1861) were not fought by childless men. People need to realize that taking the chance on not being there to see their children grow is a chance worth taking if their efforts contribute to them growing up knowing what freedom truly is.
    Exactly my point. What will the future look like for our kids if we don't stem this tide? And those of us parents still alive when our children are adults will have the pleasure of explaining to them how and why we allowed it to happen.

All the conservative-minded people who either see no problem or are afraid to confront it might well remember a quote from Reagan. It is so relevant today.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.