Thread: General Motors swaps Hummers for mini-cars as fuel prices soar in the US

1. #1 General Motors swaps Hummers for mini-cars as fuel prices soar in the US 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    General Motors, the maker of the iconic off-road Hummer, may be gearing itself up to sell mini-cars in the US, in order to win back market share as soaring fuel costs turn Americans off gas-guzzlers. Usually sold only in Asia and Latin America, GM is thought to be developing a version of the Chevrolet Beat for America’s highways, according to a report by Bloomberg. Not much bigger than the Daimler Smart car, the Chevrolet Beat does 40 miles to the gallon - making its fuel efficiency second only to hybrid cars in the US. Chevrolet Beat: sold in Asia and...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/mai...3/bcngm103.xml

Banned
    But, but, but we're Americans. Why should we drive those little Euroweenie cars? I think GM should up their production of Escalades.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    But, but, but we're Americans. Why should we drive those little Euroweenie cars? I think GM should up their production of Escalades.
    Screw that; I am waiting for a Nissan GT-R 480 hp twin turbo gas guzzler. Gotta keep my oil stocks going up and up.

Looks like they took an old VW Beetle and "beat" the front and back with a sledgehammer.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Sara if you buy SLW a new Chevrolet Beat they will throw in a new H2 as part of the deal !:D