1. #1 NASA Study Acknowledges Solar Cycle, Not Man, Responsible for Past Warming 
    This will not please Al Gore and the minions of the Church of Global Warming

Some researchers believe that the solar cycle influences global climate changes. They attribute recent warming trends to cyclic variation. Skeptics, though, argue that there's little hard evidence of a solar hand in recent climate changes.

Now, a new research report from a surprising source may help to lay this skepticism to rest. A study from NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Maryland looking at climate data over the past century has concluded that solar variation has made a significant impact on the Earth's climate. The report concludes that evidence for climate changes based on solar radiation can be traced back as far as the Industrial Revolution.

Past research has shown that the sun goes through eleven year cycles. At the cycle's peak, solar activity occurring near sunspots is particularly intense, basking the Earth in solar heat. According to Robert Cahalan, a climatologist at the Goddard Space Flight Center, "Right now, we are in between major ice ages, in a period that has been called the Holocene."
    Read it all here

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Finally It is over. This means we no longer have to worry about cap and trade or any other carbon taxes. I am sure they will drop the new milage standards and allow coal utility plant and more oil drilling. Now maybe we will get our ponies too.

Beginning in the summer of 1783, continuing until February, 1784, the Laki system in Iceland erupted. A fissure with 130 craters spewed 120 million tons of sulfur dioxide and 8 million tons of fluorine into the atmosphere. Half the livestock and a quarter of the population of Iceland died. The "Laki haze" spread across Europe and had profound effects on weather in Europe and North America.

To put 120 million tons of sulfur dioxide into perspective, 120 million tons is 3 times the total European industrial output in 2006.

What this planet wants to do, it will do.
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Finally It is over. This means we no longer have to worry about cap and trade or any other carbon taxes. I am sure they will drop the new milage standards and allow coal utility plant and more oil drilling. Now maybe we will get our ponies too.
    I'm sure Obama can manufacture other reasons that will allow new taxes to be placed on our behavior. It's the only thing he's good at.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Banned
    Wait, I thought we were cooling? So we arent cooling? Its so hard to keep track...

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    I'm sure Obama can manufacture other reasons that will allow new taxes to be placed on our behavior. It's the only thing he's good at.
    Yeah, who says the government needs "facts" or "reasons" to levy new taxes on us? If it's not global warming or acid rain, they can always fall back on "the rich aren't paying their fair share" or "just because".
    Nothing helps a bad mood like spreading it around.