Thread: Obama move would eliminate 8 of 10 pocketknives

1. #1 Obama move would eliminate 8 of 10 pocketknives 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    WEAPONS OF CHOICE

Obama move would eliminate 8 of 10 pocketknives
    'If this were to pass and you cross the state line with one, it's a felony'

The U.S. Customs and Border Protection Agency is proposing a new definition that could be used to eliminate 8 of 10 legal pocketknives in the United States right now, according to activists who are gearing up to fight the plan.

The federal bureaucracy is accepting comments written only that must be received by June 21 before its planned changes could become final,
    but Doug Ritter of KnifeRights.org, said the implications of the decision would be far-reaching, since many state and federal agencies depend on the agency's definitions to determine what is legal in the United States.

For a long time, those switchblades that have long stiletto blades that are spring-ejected powerfully from the side or end of the handle have been illegal in the United States, but now a review by the agency of its own approval in 2008 of a particular type of knife for import is raising serious alarms.

Ritter said the effect of the proposed change would be that the new design in knives, many of which contain a tiny spring to help the user pull open the blade and lock it into position, would be classified alongside those true weapons where the user just presses a button and the blade is ejected.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=100679

Moderate Commie Lib
    According to that piece of tripe, my grandfather's lockblade is a "switchblade", since it has a spring assist to the locking mechanism. Bullshit.
    You determine how the conversation goes. Keep it clean, and you'll get nothing but honest discussion. Start flaming, and it's party time. :D

Banned
    I keep an 18" curved tree saw in my car. That's a real blade.

I thought switchblades were illegal, anyways. They might be in Michigan, for all I know. Or, in individual cities, like the one I grew up in.

My dagger is safe from the ban, though. It's not a switchblade, and it's only about 5 inches long.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    I keep an 18" curved tree saw in my car. That's a real blade.
    I keep a rungu in my car. :) The plus is that I can leave it right out in the open because no one knows what it is - it just looks like a short cane - and it's better than a knife in a fight . . . .
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.