1. #1 Obama move would eliminate 8 of 10 pocketknives 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    WEAPONS OF CHOICE

Obama move would eliminate 8 of 10 pocketknives
    'If this were to pass and you cross the state line with one, it's a felony'

The U.S. Customs and Border Protection Agency is proposing a new definition that could be used to eliminate 8 of 10 legal pocketknives in the United States right now, according to activists who are gearing up to fight the plan.

The federal bureaucracy is accepting comments – written only – that must be received by June 21 before its planned changes could become final,
    but Doug Ritter of KnifeRights.org, said the implications of the decision would be far-reaching, since many state and federal agencies depend on the agency's definitions to determine what is legal in the United States.

For a long time, those switchblades that have long stiletto blades that are spring-ejected powerfully from the side or end of the handle have been illegal in the United States, but now a review by the agency of its own approval in 2008 of a particular type of knife for import is raising serious alarms.

Ritter said the effect of the proposed change would be that the new design in knives, many of which contain a tiny spring to help the user pull open the blade and lock it into position, would be classified alongside those true weapons where the user just presses a button and the blade is ejected.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=100679

Moderate Commie Lib
    According to that piece of tripe, my grandfather's lockblade is a "switchblade", since it has a spring assist to the locking mechanism. Bullshit.
    You determine how the conversation goes. Keep it clean, and you'll get nothing but honest discussion. Start flaming, and it's party time. :D

Banned
    I keep an 18" curved tree saw in my car. That's a real blade.

I thought switchblades were illegal, anyways. They might be in Michigan, for all I know. Or, in individual cities, like the one I grew up in.

My dagger is safe from the ban, though. It's not a switchblade, and it's only about 5 inches long.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    I keep an 18" curved tree saw in my car. That's a real blade.
    I keep a rungu in my car. :) The plus is that I can leave it right out in the open because no one knows what it is - it just looks like a short cane - and it's better than a knife in a fight . . . .
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.