Thread: Backlash Against Letterman Growing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    If you don't like him - don't watch him.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    RE Letterman: “This” is an apology? [SLAMS LETTERMAN]

[Has link to video too she is refering to] This is an apology? The audience is laughing and clapping. Skip to 5:00 for Letterman’s mea culpa on his “jokes” being aimed at the 18 year-old not 14 year-old daughter. And, if you really want to be infuriated, skip to 5:25 for this: ..cuz the girl who actually,excuse me, but was knocked up, and is now 18 years-old… http://www.huffingtonpost.com/amy-si..._b_214248.html
    ..........................................."This Guy Is A Real AssHole !"

David Letterman responds to Palin jokes uproar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHfJM...layer_embedded
    Todd Palin, the governor’s husband, has accused Letterman of making a joke about someone “raping” his younger daughter. Neither girl was directly named in the original joke, which also namechecked New York Yankees star Alex Rodriguez.

.....Her Father Ought To Kick Lettermans Ass !

Letterman responded, “I would never, ever make jokes about raping or having sex of any description with a 14-year-old girl. I mean, look at my record. It has never happened.” The comedian also invited the governor to appear on his show, but suggested she leave Todd at home.

A spokesman for the governor was not immediately available to comment on Letterman’s latest statements.

Writing on the news blog The Huffington Post, Amy Siskind, co-founder of women’s advocacy group The New Agenda, wrote that Letterman’s jokes about Willow should be cause for concern for conservatives and non-conservatives alike, and that some in the media apply a double-standard by not voicing concern about sexism applied to conservatives like Palin.

“… When Governor Sarah Palin’s 14-year-old daughter is the subject of a degrading and humiliating joke by David Letterman, how can we let this be part of our culture?” Siskind wrote.

Another political offpring, Meghan McCain, also chimed in, declaring Letterman’s comments “disgusting and sexist.” (McCain’s father, U.S. Sen. John McCain chose Sarah Palin as his running mate in his campaign for the White House last year.)

It’s not the first time that Letterman has had to eat his words. Last year, he apologized to celebrity heiress Paris Hilton, after he badgered her in a previous appearance with questions about her time in jail.

http://thenewagenda.net/blog/
    I'm actually okay with this apology. Oh the man is an asshole - don't get me wrong - but he did not make a political non-apology apology. He admitted he made jokes that were in poor taste.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    I'm actually okay with this apology. Oh the man is an asshole - don't get me wrong - but he did not make a political non-apology apology. He admitted he made jokes that were in poor taste.
    Sure he did. It's inconceivable that he or his staff were not aware of which daughter accompanied Palin. Even if they were in the Cone of Data Silence, to compare her daughter who had a love relationship with a teen tard to a slut is just wrong.

Beyond that, his own personal life is hypocritical. Apparently, he's okay with knocking up his adult lover but not okay with a knocked up teen electing to have a similar out-of-wedlock child.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Top Ten Possible Letterman Reactions to Fallout Over Willow Palin Rape 'Joke'

8. I understand some offense was taken over my remarks last night. If that’s the case, I’d like to offer an apology to A-Rod. Tonight on the show, we have…

7. Careful buddy. You’re criticizing the guy who almost got the “Tonight Show.”

6. I’m a comedian and therefore not responsible for anything I say … ask Jon Stewart.

4. Everyone just needs to relax. Page, six, paragraph seven of the “Democrat Handbook” clearly states Republican children are fair game. Or is that the “Mainstream Media Handbook” … I get them confused.

3. .

1. If what I said was so wrong, why haven’t feminists complained?

…Anyone else care to predict?

http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/jj...lin-rape-joke/

Resident Grump
    There's a rumour that the invitation to Letterman's show may be taken up.

By Todd. With Willow.

Please God let this be true...I would give anything to see the look on his face when the father stares him eye to eye. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    There's a rumour that the invitation to Letterman's show may be taken up.

By Todd. With Willow.

Please God let this be true...I would give anything to see the look on his face when the father stares him eye to eye. :D
    Letterman would piss his little liberal panties.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand