Thread: This 4th from a Vets family

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16
  1. #11  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    123
    Thank you Philly.
    My husband is 100 perent disabled from PTSD from war trauma.
    Library Lady.......you go ahead and find glory and think I am morbid but actual
    combat vets who see death and destruction up close don't just get over it and neither
    do their families. You think I am depressing. I think anyone who glorifies war is a fool.
    I think talking patriotism and actually going to the VA and reaching out to them in compassion
    is different from wearing a little flag pin and saluting the flag.
    Thank you Treetop for your service. I am so very thankful that war did not affect you.
    Library Lady, me thinks my opinion of war and it's harm on the soldier bothers you in some way.
    If wanting peace is depressing then color me morbid. If you think war is happy. Something is
    surely screwed up there. YOU ARE THE MOST DEPRESSING PERSON I HAVE EVER HEARD FROM.
    YOU ARE SO CAUGHT UP IN WHAT YOU THINK IS PATRIOTIC YOU MISS THE BEST PART OF
    AMERICA...TRYING TO FORM A MORE PERFECT UNION. JEESH !

    Patriotism does not know an R or a D. But some of you are so narrowed minded you think
    people who disagree with you politically such as Murtha WHO served and Clark who served is
    nothing. I appreciate ALL including John McCain who served but everyone who works with
    veterans up close and personal does not walk away the same.
    Ron Paul was not for the war and look how you treated some of those people.
    What is with that? Dissent is a form of patriotism. Read your history books.
    I am a very positive person on many sites but I think many have been de sensitized to war and ignoring
    it does not make it disappear. You don't have to agree with me but lockstepping like DU does not make you any better.
    I have many blessings but I am also concerned about things other than myself.
    I would never consider myself the vet. I do consider myself the wife of a vet. You and I read different posts from different
    families of veterans. I would think I am about 50 percent of the typical vet family.
    Last edited by vetwife; 07-05-2008 at 11:55 AM.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #12  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    no-man's land in Texas
    Posts
    2,168
    Quote Originally Posted by vetwife View Post
    Thank you Philly.
    My husband is 100 perent disabled from PTSD from war trauma.
    Library Lady.......you go ahead and find glory and think I am morbid but actual
    combat vets who see death and destruction up close don't just get over it and neither
    do their families. You think I am depressing. I think anyone who glorifies war is a fool.
    I think talking patriotism and actually going to the VA and reaching out to them in compassion
    is different from wearing a little flag pin and saluting the flag.
    Thank you Treetop for your service. I am so very thankful that war did not affect you.
    Library Lady, me thinks my opinion of war and it's harm on the soldier bothers you in some way.
    If wanting peace is depressing then color me morbid. If you think war is happy. Something is
    surely screwed up there. YOU ARE THE MOST DEPRESSING PERSON I HAVE EVER HEARD FROM.
    YOU ARE SO CAUGHT UP IN WHAT YOU THINK IS PATRIOTIC YOU MISS THE BEST PART OF
    AMERICA...TRYING TO FORM A MORE PERFECT UNION. JEESH !

    Patriotism does not know an R or a D. But some of you are so narrowed minded you think
    people who disagree with you politically such as Murtha WHO served and Clark who served is
    nothing. I appreciate ALL including John McCain who served but everyone who works with
    veterans up close and personal does not walk away the same.

    Vetwife, war is a neccessary part of having peace. Do you think the Islamist want us to peacefully co-exist?

    Yes, war is very ugly, I saw many classified films of wars past. As I could order them in my job and security clearance let me be able to. In basic training my T.I. was a combat photographer in Vietnam. I got to look at most of his photos, some good some very sickening. It's all part of war, good and bad come out of war.

    Don't get me wrong, vetwife, I do appreciate all your husband and you have done. Especially the sacrifices of him and so many others who haven't come back. My neighbor was in Vietnam, once in a while he wants to talk, so we talk. I just sit and listen and he appreciates that more than anything.

    Patriotism is not known by a R or D. I'm a "D" and absolutely disgusted by the way Murtha and Clark have acted. If you think those two are Patriots, God help ya...
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #13  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    123
    I think all who served honorably are patriots. I may not necessarily agree with political positions after
    the service is complete but I do respect all honorably discharged veterans service. ALL OF THEM.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #14  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    no-man's land in Texas
    Posts
    2,168
    Quote Originally Posted by vetwife View Post
    I think all who served honorably are patriots. I may not necessarily agree with political positions after
    the service is complete but I do respect all honorably discharged veterans service. ALL OF THEM.
    That's great, it's just too bad Murtha and Clark aren't like you. Clark trashes vets and Murtha trashes the active duty.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #15  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    123
    Like I said. I may not agree with their stand on issues.
    I do honor all the military and all the veterans.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #16  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    no-man's land in Texas
    Posts
    2,168
    Quote Originally Posted by vetwife View Post
    Like I said. I may not agree with their stand on issues.
    I do honor all the military and all the veterans.
    As I do. I also honor all those families back home waiting on loved one's to return.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •