Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Picky eating isn't a deal-breaker (*looks around guiltily*) but way off-base political concerns might be. A lot of time, that will touch on values and if you don't share common values - it's over.

Don't ever wait for a guy to "pick up on" your mood. Just state your needs in a bald and systematic fashion. They are terrific at following a plan but not so good at the Miss Cleo stuff. :D

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Jumpy, Ginger has only been married once. What does she know?:p
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Picky eating isn't a deal-breaker (*looks around guiltily*) but way off-base political concerns might be. A lot of time, that will touch on values and if you don't share common values - it's over.

Don't ever wait for a guy to "pick up on" your mood. Just state your needs in a bald and systematic fashion. They are terrific at following a plan but not so good at the Miss Cleo stuff. :D
    Sigh! You're taking all of the mystery out of the process!

And, btw, for men, there's really only one plan. That's why we're so good at following it. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Jumpy, Ginger has only been married once. What does she know?:p
    Yeah, us monogamists are totally clueless. :p

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpy View Post
    haha... awwwww.. thanks, I needed that. And I thought I never needed to be fussed over, but I swear, I am feeling needy on a rare occasion, and he is not picking up on it. GRRRRR :mad: I sometimes think I liked it better when I didnt date at all. Way less hassles.
    Communications my dear, communications. Us men have to be told. Beating around the bush gets you nowhere. I was watching Dave Ramsey and that was his advise to this lady whose husband spend too much and bounced checks. Have a sit down discussion (not argumentative), face to face talk with him. If that does not work, kick him to the curb cause living in turmoil is not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Yeah, us monogamists are totally clueless. :p
    I've always been monogamous. I just tend to trade the guy in after a few years. Speaking of which...:p

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpy View Post
    He has soooo many good things about him, so Im not sure that I want to dump him if he apologizes profusely. I will probably have to make a list, and make him sign it, contract style.. and if he breaks the contract, then I will dump him.
    My sis married a lib democrat. I've learned to forgive him for that. :D He's a sweet, bright, gentle person who is so good to my sister. As much as I'm against his political beliefs, he's a wonderful person.

Think before you totally dump him. Good men are hard to find. If he isn't that good, then dump.

BTW, that expiration stuff can get frustrating. SR looks through the pantry and catches me sometimes with old stuff. It's dumped. Otherwise, he's a peach. :D

Moderate Commie Lib
    My parents had an ugly, ugly ending to their marriage, and part of it was a complete difference of perspective on politics.

I was smart - I went for the hot politically indifferent chick :D
    You determine how the conversation goes. Keep it clean, and you'll get nothing but honest discussion. Start flaming, and it's party time. :D

Quote Originally Posted by thinker View Post
    My parents had an ugly, ugly ending to their marriage, and part of it was a complete difference of perspective on politics.

I was smart - I went for the hot politically indifferent chick :D
    You mean the non thinker (no pun intended) with big boobs.:p

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    You mean the non-thinker (no pun intended) with big boobs.:p
    They are always popular on both sides of fence.