Thread: Is Letterman toast?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Is Letterman toast? 
    Yep. Conan O'Brien is much funnier than Letterman, anyway. Always has been.

But Letterman's shocking "joke" about Sarah Palin's daughter cannot be overlooked.

Sarah Palin's winning interview with Matt Lauer is here:
    http://yidwithlid.blogspot.com/2009/...rant-slut.html

Dang, man. She gets better looking every time she's on TV. Beautiful woman.
    And she bowls over both weasels - Lauer and Letterman - in this interview.

That's not Sarah Palin!

This is Sarah Palin . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BE2gE-VVjBI

or at least that's what the media would have you believe and the damnable ignorant voters bought.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

It's funny how Letterman said that he meant the older daughter and not 14 year old Willow, but Willow was the only daughter who attended the game in question... What a tool.
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!

Implying that a 14 year old girl is a slut is apparently kind of not okay but implying that an 18 year old girl is a slut is totally okay.

This from a guy whose own son was born out of wedlock.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    That's not Sarah Palin!

This is Sarah Palin . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BE2gE-VVjBI

or at least that's what the media would have you believe and the damnable ignorant voters bought.
    I think that from now on, being the "eloquent" candidate will mean little as will being the "smart" candidate. It is not going to be about who has the smartest teleprompter anymore.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stsinner View Post
    It's funny how Letterman said that he meant the older daughter and not 14 year old Willow, but Willow was the only daughter who attended the game in question... What a tool.
    Sara and Todd Palin know damn well the joke was not intended for their 14-year-old. Shame on the Letterman writers for not checking and making sure the entire family was at the baseball game. And shame on the Palin's for calling David Letterman a pervert. You might not think he's funny and the joke that obviously about Bristol, might be in bad taste, but this pretending you don't understand which daughter the joke was directed at is also pretty lame IMO.

The Letterman writer's screwed up. Palin is not the center of their universe and they were not aware that Bristol stayed back in Alaska. David Letterman has never made a joke like that about a 14-year-old in the entire history of his show. He apologized and invited Palin on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Sara and Todd Palin know damn well the joke was not intended for their 14-year-old. Shame on the Letterman writers for not checking and making sure the entire family was at the baseball game. And shame on the Palin's for calling David Letterman a pervert. You might not think he's funny and the joke that obviously about Bristol, might be in bad taste, but this pretending you don't understand which daughter the joke was directed at is also pretty lame IMO.

The Letterman writer's screwed up. Palin is not the center of their universe and they were not aware that Bristol stayed back in Alaska. David Letterman has never made a joke like that about a 14-year-old in the entire history of his show. He apologized and invited Palin on the show.
    I believe Dave attends those writer's meetings and participates. He's responsible for what he says. And it's not OK to talk about an 18 year old girl like that. The young woman messed up----no need to make her the butt of bad jokes.

Of course Palin wouldn't go on the show. She's not a coward, just not willing to be used as a tool to boost his sagging ratings. I think she's made her point and should drop it.

Laura Ingraham said today that Letterman's a cranky old man. Conservatives have more to do than rant about this. Laura relegated Letterman to the abyss of those who should be ignored. I think she's right,.

He was wrong, and hasn't handled it gracefully. Dave should put an end to this by openly admitting he was wrong and apologize. His weasle way out isn't working, except with the mainstream media.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post

You got your liberal talking points down pat. Letterman is not only a pervert but a scum bag for his vile remarks. FYI, he had a child out of wedlock. You think he would say the same thing about the Obama's or the Clinton's daughters? His unfunny ass would be fired if he did. His hatred of Palin along with lefties in the media is evident.
    Plus, the sorry prick did not want Todd to show up for the interview for fear he might have to eat crow or get his ass kicked.
    Last edited by lacarnut; 06-12-2009 at 02:53 PM.

you realize that if this is given a pass by the media and elite types - it means that Barrys two little mistakes are on the table and available for jokes too - right?
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

I don't think Letterman is toast. I haven't watched him much since he was on NBC, mostly because I am older now and fall asleep earlier. I don't like Conan, never liked Leno, and still miss Johnny (that's how old I am). But Dave has his fans, and his fan base was likely not all that offended by the joke. The only way he's toast is if the network decides it's too much.

I think he meant the target to be Bristol, not Willow. It's still bad taste, but not as bad as making comments about a 14 year old.