Thread: Oklahoma Officials Release Squad Video of Fight Between Trooper, EMT

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1 Oklahoma Officials Release Squad Video of Fight Between Trooper, EMT 
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    41,104
    Oklahoma Officials Release Squad Video of Fight Between Trooper, EMT

    Saturday, June 13, 2009

    Print
    ShareThis


    FNC


    In this video of a scuffle between an Oklahoma state trooper and a paramedic, the officer can be seen putting his hand on the EMT's neck.

    The Oklahoma Department of Public Safety has released video from a police dashboard camera of a scuffle between a paramedic and a state trooper after amateur video of the incident showed an officer grabbing the EMT by the neck.

    Authorities decided to make the footage public Friday after local media and FOX News reported on the grainy video showing the May 24 altercation between EMT Maurice White and Oklahoma Highway Patrolman Daniel Martin.

    In the video, which was posted to YouTube, Martin and White are shown yelling next to the ambulance. Martin points at White and says, "You are under arrest," and the argument quickly escalates into a physical exchange. White is grasped by the neck -- but then appears to be let go without further police action.

    "We've been well aware of the fact that this incident has drawn enormous attention, but made the decision to protect the integrity of the investigation, any and all relevant evidence, as well as the rights of the department employees," Oklahoma Highway Patrol spokesman Capt. Chris West said in explaining why video from the trooper's dashboard camera wasn't released until Friday.

    The video released by the state is not nearly as intense as the amateur video, which was recorded up close by a relative of the patient in the ambulance. But the new video includes an earlier argument not seen in the relative's video. In it, the paramedic seems to suggest the disagreement be resolved after dropping the patient off at the hospital.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gApNufXRts
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,526128,00.html


    This just makes me proud to be from Oklahoma it happened about 12miles from my house. And no it wasn't racial we have a few highway patrolman who can't contain there ego's. I just hope this one doesn't go into politics.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Senior Member stsinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,525
    That trooper is a punk! He was just looking for a fight. And to continue to fight with the EMT after being told that there is a patient in the back was very unprofessional.

    No wonder they didn't want the dash cam video released.
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    41,104
    Quote Originally Posted by stsinner View Post
    That trooper is a punk! He was just looking for a fight. And to continue to fight with the EMT after being told that there is a patient in the back was very unprofessional.

    No wonder they didn't want the dash cam video released.
    This idiot was filming this with his own camera and still couldn't get himself under control. Some people should never wear a uniform.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Senior Member stsinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,525
    What really bothers me about that video is seeing the white cop with his hand around the EMT's throat. I've been through the Criminal Justice course in college, and at no point are you supposed to choke someone like that unless it's to stop them from swallowing contraband.

    Any word on whether the cop was suspended or fired?
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    41,104
    Quote Originally Posted by stsinner View Post
    What really bothers me about that video is seeing the white cop with his hand around the EMT's throat. I've been through the Criminal Justice course in college, and at no point are you supposed to choke someone like that unless it's to stop them from swallowing contraband.

    Any word on whether the cop was suspended or fired?
    Paid administrative leave. It would seem we have him on paid vacation now. Probably barbequing and enjoying som quality family time on my dime.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Senior Member stsinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,525
    My money is on the EMT if the gloves were off...
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    CU's Tallest Midget! PoliCon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    25,328
    Oh wonderful something else to lend credence to the lefts claims of racism.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Posts
    13,581
    Why would the trooper pull over an ambulance taking a patient to the hospital? It seemed to say in the story that he pulled over the ambulance because its driver failed to yield to him and he thought the ambulance driver made an obscene gesture at him.

    An ambulance on a call should not be pulled over. And I didn't see the 'mystery woman' who may have been riding with the trooper but none of this looks very good for him.

    He came across as badge heavy, arrogant, and dangerously incompetent. He should be fired.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    41,104
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    Why would the trooper pull over an ambulance taking a patient to the hospital? It seemed to say in the story that he pulled over the ambulance because its driver failed to yield to him and he thought the ambulance driver made an obscene gesture at him.

    An ambulance on a call should not be pulled over. And I didn't see the 'mystery woman' who may have been riding with the trooper but none of this looks very good for him.

    He came across as badge heavy, arrogant, and dangerously incompetent. He should be fired.
    I have a feeling when we are done with him he will be mowing lawns and taking care of peoples gardens.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •