Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I actually remember now from reading it in a book. It is nice to hear it from someone who was there though.
    It was a few years before I was born, but I read too.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I don't know what your problem is today, but it seems to be a little worse than usual. You know nothing about me, and that's the way I prefer to keep it. Your assumptions about me are off the mark, as always. I never said we were super rich; "old" money tends not to be.
    No problem, you are a little touchy today. What's the matter; your tolerance level for sarcasm is running low today?

Power CUer
    Very much so, thanks.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Very much so, thanks.
    I'm sorry young lady.

Power CUer
    It's no biggie. Sometimes I suffer fools gladly, sometimes I don't. Today I don't.

Banned
    It's no biggie. Sometimes I suffer fools gladly, sometimes I don't. Today I don't.
    Retirement is the answer: I have not had a bad day since I did.

You miss that butler on the cruise . Go out and get your self a butler that will cheer you up. A young one. Some eye candy!

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Big friggin deal. He put an e on the end of a word in error. If you are honest in your assessment, answer this question. What is worse ---Obama stating that I have been to 57 states with one to go or misspelling a word.

FYI, some of the smartest and most successful people I have ever known belong to exclusive Country Clubs. Something that you know nothing about.
    "Quayle's" misspelling of "potato" was based on the card he was given with the word already misspelled. (One almost has to wonder if it was a set-up.)

President B.O.'s 57 states error was based on the 57 Islamic states (members of the OIC) that exist. At the time, he also stated "with one more to go," which is interesting in light of his recent comment that America was an Islamic country.
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana