1. #1 GOP Activist Uses Facebook to Compare First lady to Gorilla 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    GOP activist says escaped gorilla was "ancestor" of Michelle Obama
    "The SWAT team is on the way to COLUMBIA, SC as we read about it !"

Jokes are funny things.
    Sometimes the same joke works with one person and falls flat with another. Sometimes, though, the joke just isn't funny at all. That can be forgotten when it's made in the company of friends over a gin, a tonic, and a country club bar. Perhaps, though, it is less easily forgotten when it is made on Facebook. What is said on Facebook stays on Facebook. Often for quite some time.

You see, according to a report by WIS10 TV in Columbia, S.C., Rusty DePass, a prominent Republican Party activist, happened to see a Facebook post by an aide to state Attorney General Henry McMaster. The post described an escape by a gorilla on Friday from the Riverbanks Zoo in Columbia.

DePass, once a state Senate candidate, responded to the post with these words: "I'm sure it's just one of Michelle's ancestors - probably harmless." We spoke with DePass over the phone Friday night. He said, "I am as sorry as I can be if I offended anyone. The comment was clearly in jest."
    COLUMBIA, SC (WIS) - A state Republican activist has admitted to and apologized for calling a gorilla that escaped from the Riverbanks Zoo Friday an "ancestor" of First Lady Michelle Obama.

A screen capture of the comment, made on the Internet site Facebook, was obtained by FITSNews, the website of South Carolina politico Will Folks.

The image shows a post by an aide to state Attorney General Henry McMaster describing Friday morning's gorilla escape at Columbia's Riverbanks Zoo.

Longtime SCGOP activist and former state Senate candidate Rusty DePass responded with the comment, "I'm sure it's just one of Michelle's ancestors - probably harmless."

DePass told WIS News 10 he was talking about First Lady Michelle Obama.

DePass has been involved in state politics for decades, and helped elect Republican Governor Jim Edwards in 1974. He was an early South Carolina supporter of former President George W. Bush in 2000.

We asked some of DePass' political allies and rivals what they thought about the comment.

"Even if it was taken out of context - its not something that should have ever been said. It's sad, disappointing, and unfortunate," said former SCGOP Chairman Katon Dawson.

Columbia Mayor Bob Coble also condemns the comment.
    http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-10264440-71.html
    Last edited by megimoo; 06-15-2009 at 06:28 PM.

There is no way that that is not going to be taken as racist.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    People get carried away but they need to start photoshopping a smile on her face.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    OMG.................... NO:eek:

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    People get carried away but they need to start photoshopping a smile on her face.
    I seem to recall Chimpie McBush cartoons in most of the liberal rags ,don't you ?

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    I seem to recall Chimpie McBush cartoons in most of the liberal rags ,don't you ?
    They are ruthless with us. But as a pig I try to have better manners than them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    They are ruthless with us. But as a pig I try to have better manners than them.
    Pig Fornicate them oh so sensative,fair,impartial,tollerant,loving Libbers !

My wife said she looks like a camel.. Now that's funny...
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stsinner View Post
    My wife said she looks like a camel.. Now that's funny...
    I have seen similarities in their facial expressions.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Pig Fornicate them oh so sensative,fair,impartial,tollerant,loving Libbers !
    I was under the impression that some people think that we evolved from monkey's. I am not one of those. However, I do see a slight family resemblance.;)