1. #1 Teenage girl dug up to be 'corpse bride' 
    The suspects included a grieving father who allegedly paid his four accomplices around £2,700 pounds to find a female to be his son's companion in the afterlife.
    The men were caught after unearthing the remains of a teenage girl who had poisoned herself after failing her university entrance exams last year, a newspaper in Xianyang in China's Shaanxi province reported.

In rural China, superstitious villagers have for centuries sought out the bodies of recently deceased woman to be ghost brides for young men who die single.
    Marriage ceremonies are conducted for the two corpses, and the bride is placed in the same grave as her husband. ...
    link

The only saving grace is that both parties were deceased.

Ick! I wonder how this helps? I thought the Chinese believed that your afterlife was crap unless you had a male heir to look after your ghost. Surely ghost brides don't have living children.

Power CUer
    It's sort of like the Mormons converting ancestors from other religions to Mormonism after death. That makes about as much sense.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Banned
    That is rather spooky even for me; I worked in a cemetery for a year and we only dug up one body to be exhumed. I did not participate in my crew's removal of the casket.

This would seem futile after rigor mortis has subsided.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis