Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 49
  1. #21  
    The big Cheese
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,273
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    Specialized is a great bike. I was at The Hub bike shop in Athens GA the other day salivating over a new Gary Fisher.

    It's been years since I've had a road bike but I'll like to get a hybrid or a cross bike for pavement.
    Thats what I have is a hybrid. I can run road grade tires or offroad shit.
    I choose to run offroad mud grade tires at 35psi because it makes me have to work harder to keep a cruising speed of 18-20mph
    One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

    Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #22  
    The big Cheese
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,273
    Although I really want to get one of their new 29rs. You should check em out.
    One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

    Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #23  
    Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,455
    This might be the gayest thread ever.:p
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #24  
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,891
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafod View Post
    and that would be?
    Shrinking I've been told !
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #25  
    Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Posts
    13,581
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafod View Post
    I just dont get it.
    Besides I am in to it for the workout. I dont ride road tires jacked up to 100 psi and crap like that.
    I ride wide chunky mud tires to make my ass work even harder.
    Okay, there's only three reasons to wear spandex in cycling (that I can think of):

    1. aerodynamics. Okay, Bubba is about as aerodynamic as a two wheeled cement truck so that ain't it for me.

    2. padding/chamois in the crotch. Now you're talking. The padding in the crotch is a real necessity for me at about the thirty mile mark or earlier. Most padded cycling pants are spandex.

    3. They make you feel special. I plead the fifth.

    I wear a sloppy t-shirt when cycling but I do wear cycling pants. I have to have the padding. Even at ten miles, I start to feel discomfort in the crotch area if I don't have padding.

    Plus, if you've ever swung your leg mounting a bike and caught the open leg of your big old shorts on the seat that is one rodeo that is best avoided.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #26  
    The big Cheese
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,273
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    This might be the gayest thread ever.:p
    why dont you finish that bottle of Stoli and pass out already......
    One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

    Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #27  
    The big Cheese
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,273
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    Okay, there's only three reasons to wear spandex in cycling (that I can think of):

    1. aerodynamics. Okay, Bubba is about as aerodynamic as a two wheeled cement truck so that ain't it for me.

    2. padding/chamois in the crotch. Now you're talking. The padding in the crotch is a real necessity for me at about the thirty mile mark or earlier. Most padded cycling pants are spandex.

    3. They make you feel special. I plead the fifth.

    I wear a sloppy t-shirt when cycling but I do wear cycling pants. I have to have the padding. Even at ten miles, I start to feel discomfort in the crotch area if I don't have padding.

    Plus, if you've ever swung your leg mounting a bike and caught the open leg of your big old shorts on the seat that is one rodeo that is best avoided.
    I bought a pair of baggy shorts with the gel in them.
    One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

    Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #28  
    Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Posts
    13,581
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafod View Post
    Thats what I have is a hybrid. I can run road grade tires or offroad shit.
    I choose to run offroad mud grade tires at 35psi because it makes me have to work harder to keep a cruising speed of 18-20mph
    I remember cruising speed of 18 mph. :D

    I do well to average twelve to fifteen now and that is on level ground. I didn't ride all winter...:o
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #29  
    Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Posts
    13,581
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafod View Post
    I bought a pair of baggy shorts with the gel in them.
    Really! What brand? I'd like to get a pair....even if it doesn't make me feel special......:p:D

    Were they in a catalogue or in a bike shop?
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #30  
    The big Cheese
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,273
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    I remember cruising speed of 18 mph. :D

    I do well to average twelve to fifteen now and that is on level ground. I didn't ride all winter...:o
    Its funny because I have friends that just do road riding on some of the most expensive rigs and they comment that 18 is too slow for them. Well when ever I tool out on one of their bikes I can keep about 24-25 for somtimes 30 min straight because I work so hard with my wide ass tires and low pressure. Most of those guys keep thier rigs at about 80-100 psi. Thats and the fact the their tire is only .5 inches vs my mud tires that are 3 inches thick......
    One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

    Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •