1. #1 "Lessons I learned from talking to an Ayn Randian" (Ian, you around?) 
    Power CUer
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...esg_id=5855294

I've got my issues with Rand, but I don't think she believes all of this:

I had the privlige, nay OPPORTUNITY to talk with a real live Ayn Randian over coffee today.

Here's what I, the lowly government dependent (although I have a job, he does not) learned...

1 - The poor should pay more in taxes (if taxes are to be paid at all) because they use more services

2 - The poor should pay more for goods because they are responsible for their own poverty, and by being poor they hurt the rest of us

3 - The rich should get government handouts, if any handouts are to be given, because the rich are who built America, and who employ us and were the visionaries who came up with all the things we take for granted.

4 - If the poor starve or die it should be no concern of ours. They chose to be poor, and just suck off the public teat all day.

5 - We need to bring back mandatory sterilization and use it on the poor

6 - The rich need to be venerated as royalty because they are the brain of America. The poor need to be eliminated because they are a virus or cancer, on the body American

7 - Iraq is only bad because we were unsucessful in taking the land and oil from them. They aren't using their resources wisely, so we should kill them all and move alpha males and females onto the land instead.

8 - Israel should be supported because they bully Palestine. Bullies are the visionaries of America. We should only stop support if they show weakness.

9 - The US Anti-Bully campaign will destroy our youth. America needs bullies or everyone will think they can do whatever they want.

10 - That AYN RAND IS A FUCKING PSYCHOPATH!!!!!!

I seriously doubt she learned anything Objectivism based on this conversation (if true at all). Objectivism has some pretty hard truths and some even harder standards but educating Moonbats isn't among them since Moonbats by definition are incapable of rational thought.

I give it -1 Bongs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I seriously doubt she learned anything Objectivism based on this conversation (if true at all). Objectivism has some pretty hard truths and some even harder standards but educating Moonbats isn't among them since Moonbats by definition are incapable of rational thought.

I give it -1 Bongs.
    Can this one be considered on the Kelvin scale?

Odd, I have read some of Rands books and I didn't get any of that.

Well, not really odd considering the source

This sounds more like two dummies devising a bouncy and trying very hard to make it credible. They are ,however,to stupid to realize that no one outside the dummie campfire would believe this so-called conversation

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post

I give it -1 Bongs.
    I wouldn't even give it a one hitter.

They just want to add Objectists to the enemies list; and list is getting bigger every day.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

I've never read any books by Ayn Rand, and anything I know about it is gleaned from posts here.

"The Simpsons" had an episode where Maggie was placed in the Ayn Rand child care center. It was a cold, sterile place where the babies weren't allowed to have their pacifiers. Maggie liberated the other babies and gave them all their pacifiers back.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...esg_id=5855294

I've got my issues with Rand, but I don't think she believes all of this:
    As a student of Objectivism, I confirm that every single thing on that list is false. I'd call it misrepresentation, though that might be too mild a term. It's complete nonsense, picked out of nowhere.

Objectivists recognize that the only legitimate responsibility of government is to defend our rights to life, liberty and property—through courts of law, police departments and a strong military. To the government, there should be no differentiation on between rich and poor, as any such differentiation would necessitate the violation of someones individual rights. There should be a separation between state and economy.
    "If you bound the arms and legs of gold-medal swimmer Michael Phelps, weighed him down with chains, threw him in a pool and he sank, you wouldn't call it a 'failure of swimming'. So, when markets have been weighted down by inept and excessive regulation, why call this a 'failure of capitalism'?"