Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 just went to take daughter's laundry to her room and found her packing 
    greenbriar (1000+ posts) Mon Jun-15-09 10:19 PM
    Original message
    just went to take daughter's laundry to her room and found her packing
    she thinks she is going to move out to a town 60 miles away

I am done with her

if you will remember last week she was being ungrateful..

Now I am just going to let her pack her bags and go

but she gets NO money from me, no NOTHING

Wow! Is greenbriar turning conservative? Or just a cheap lieberal?

greenbriar (1000+ posts) Mon Jun-15-09 10:27 PM
    Response to Reply #3
    10. she is 17 and graduated HS two weeks ago ...she graduated one full year early
    http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.ph...
    Tired of living with a moonbat?

greenbriar (1000+ posts) Mon Jun-15-09 10:39 PM
    Response to Original message
    25. I thought we had a good relationship but the last 3 weeks
    she doesnt' speak to me, she stays in her room unless she is talking to her dad or getting food.

She just left and didnt' even say anything

she looks at me as if she wishes I were dead

and all teh while it is her dad, my hubby who I had protected her from all this time. Dont' get me wrong...he is a good man, but sometimes speaks before he thinks and is kind of gruff with words...he doesnt' mince them...

I have always been the go between...maybe I shouldn't have been

but I thought I was doing what was best to keep peace between both daddy and daughter

but it hasn't gotten me anywhere
    she knows how very proud of her I am . I tell her constantly
    I also tell her I love her all the time

as I said, I was determined to always treat her with respect and love and to make sure she knows it

far from what I experienced with my own mother

hubby says maybe I was "too good"
    A blind man could see this pattern...

greenbriar (1000+ posts) Mon Jun-15-09 10:39 PM
    Response to Reply #25
    26. my mom would say I deserve it
    I think she is the most awesome person in the world, I love her tremendusly but I don't know why she is so angry at me or with me or what ever

I don't deserve it.

I understand the growing pains and wanting independence...I actually left home the day after I graduated...(bad circumstance) and it made me grow up

but I hated my mom and knew she hated me...

I spent her whole life making sure she wouldn't think the same way I did and it seems she feels that way anyway
    Maybe the state sevices could offer you parenting classes?

Kinda sad, but I bet the young lady is sick of living with two deadbeat parents who live off of the system?

I hope she writes another episode and doesn't cancel it before all the ratings are in!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I hope she writes another episode and doesn't cancel it before all the ratings are in!

Think I saw this once on EIGHT IS ENOUGH; so 70's.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

greenbriar Donating Member (1000+ posts)
    54. apparently she and my mother in law have been talking and she is moving in with her

don't get me wrong, my MIL is pretty cool, but I am a bit angry that she would think this is cool
    MADem Donating Member (1000+ posts)
    57. I'd call the MIL and ask her to execute a "custody" document.

Seriously.

Someone needs to have positive physical custody of this minor child, and your MIL will also need a power of attorney to order medical care in an emergency situation if she has physical custody of the lass. You'll have to sort that out with a lawyer--should be fairly boiler-plate.

Also--it'll make your MIL a bit more aware of what a friken buttinski she was.

Yes, I know you like your MIL and all, but that was a shitty thing of her to do--MIL should have closed the loop and gotten back to you IMMEDIATELY.
    Anyway, if Granny wants to be the teen-friendly, understanding "Auntie Mame" in this equation, she can shoulder the legal, "physical custody" responsibility as well. After all, you want the fun, you have to shoulder the responsibility as well. This child needs to understand the "chain of command" as it were.

I wonder if MIL will rethink if you insist upon this? You really do need to protect yourself in this situation, so no one is saying that you "allowed" Miss Independent to "run wild," or whatever.

I do empathize. All I can tell you is that one day, this too, shall pass. Sometimes the most troublesome kids grow up to be rock steady heroes.
    Oh, good grief. She's moving in with her Grandmother. Maybe it isn't what mom and dad want but she's graduated and she's not out on the street or living with a boyfriend. (Though I wouldn't exactly put it past Greenbriar to think that living with a boyfriend is better than with Grandma.)
    Cessna Invesco Palin (1000+ posts)
    84. Uh, this is a healty family dynamic?

My teenager runs away and "I'm done with her" because she's ungrateful? No. I'm sorry. Under no circumstances is that the correct thing to do, unless the teenager in question is going around raping and killing people. So don't give me crap about not understanding the "family dynamic." Nobody else in this thread understands it any better than I do. I'm going on the OP's post.
    So, do I understand this right? Child graduates high school, decides to go live with Grandma, tells her parents where she is going........and she is "running away"?

Don't get me wrong. I can see why Greenbriar might be upset, but this is rather melodramatic for the circumstances..........unless she's not telling us something.

Quote Originally Posted by Carol View Post
    Oh, good grief. She's moving in with her Grandmother. Maybe it isn't what mom and dad want but she's graduated and she's not out on the street or living with a boyfriend. (Though I wouldn't exactly put it past Greenbriar to think that living with a boyfriend is better than with Grandma.)
    So, do I understand this right? Child graduates high school, decides to go live with Grandma, tells her parents where she is going........and she is "running away"?

Don't get me wrong. I can see why Greenbriar might be upset, but this is rather melodramatic for the circumstances..........unless she's not telling us something.
    She is 17 and in most states at that age she can emancipate herself from her parents custody if she chooses. No guardianship or power of attorney can be had unless the daughter willingly grants it to someone and I have a feeling it won't be greenbriar.

I wonder what greenbriar is not telling us as to the reason the daughter is bailing on mom/

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Maybe if she got off friggen DU and talked to the kid more...:D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Maybe if she got off friggen DU and talked to the kid more...:D
    You speak truth to power!:D

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Something is going on with greenbriar's daughter that she is obviously clueless about.

I don't know them, so I don't know what it is, but there's something she just isn't seeing. It's probably not drugs on the kid's part, because then the kid would be going off with other friends to live, not with her grandmother. Or, there's something more to the friction with the father than greenbriar is willing to look at. She hints at it.

My mom was a classic enabler and is still a borderline personality disorder. She always would martyr herself over my dad's drinking, and remind us constantly as young adults about how she protected us from him when we were younger. A lot of times it's the enabler who annoys the kids more than the addict.

Greenbriar is just suffering from drama overload
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Something is going on with greenbriar's daughter that she is obviously clueless about.

I don't know them, so I don't know what it is, but there's something she just isn't seeing. It's probably not drugs on the kid's part, because then the kid would be going off with other friends to live, not with her grandmother. Or, there's something more to the friction with the father than greenbriar is willing to look at. She hints at it.

My mom was a classic enabler and is still a borderline personality disorder. She always would martyr herself over my dad's drinking, and remind us constantly as young adults about how she protected us from him when we were younger. A lot of times it's the enabler who annoys the kids more than the addict.
    I think you're right. I feel bad for the kid.
    Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school.

--Albert Einstein