Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    This strikes me as a 'shoe's on the other foot' moment.

I thought the Dems believed in freedom for teens - you know, the kind where they could get an abortion without parental permission or notification.

I really don't get what the mom is whining about. This kind of behavior is what Dems teach their kids.

but I hated my mom and knew she hated me...
    Assuming this to be accurate (not just for exaggerated dramatic effect)...she may well have over-corrected, possibly borderline smothering her daughter. No matter, if this is really an accurate description of her own relationship, it's sad, very sad. And, it could easily make being a "good parent" a less natural instinct and more difficult act. Imagine weighing most of your own acts with "what would my mom do?" and continuously adjusting. I'm not sure one ever gets much of a knack for good parental instincts using such a formula.

Quote Originally Posted by Milly View Post
    This strikes me as a 'shoe's on the other foot' moment.

I thought the Dems believed in freedom for teens - you know, the kind where they could get an abortion without parental permission or notification.

I really don't get what the mom is whining about. This kind of behavior is what Dems teach their kids.
    Exactly! greenbriar is turning *GASP*, conservative! :eek:

I know the OP is trying to act like a hard ass about her daughter leaving, but it has got to be breaking her heart! I have daughters who are 3 and 2 and 4 months brewed, and it would absolutely kill me if they ever talked to me this way and wanted to leave.. I want my babies to want to stay home and hate leaving... I've never felt a love like I feel for my baby girls.

I have two 12 year old sons, and they're already smartasses, partly empowered by the Government school system to tell me what's abuse when I whack them when they're not paying attention, etc, and I expect that, but with my daughters, oh it would rip my heart out...
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!

Since Greenbriar has admitted to being addicted to painkillers and she claims that her husband has a drinking problem. I can't say that would blame the kid for wanting out of that house.

Here it is the much anticipated second episode.

greenbriar (1000+ posts) Wed Jun-17-09 08:29 PM
    Original message
    She is moving out Monday....Gave notice at her job last week BUT enrolled in college today
    http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.ph...

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.ph...

I know we have talked about this, but I thought maybe she just wouldn't do it...turns out she has already given her two weeks notice at her job...SHE DOESN"T have a NEW one yet... Guess granny can fund her gas money...

she does have her financial aid all taken care of and her first college semester schedule

She is going to be a nurse

I just don't want my baby to leave yet...I am not ready for it
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=389x5871608

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Here it is the much anticipated second episode.

http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=389x5871608
    Hey, I wish her daughter the best! Get good grades and excel in anything you do.

Wow, it's all about me, me, me with this Dummy. Hey Greenbriar, grow the fuck up and cut the damned apron strings. Hell, it wouldn't surprise me if her daughter is moving out just to get away from the moonbattery that her mother exibits on a daily basis.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

greenbriar (1000+ posts) Wed Jun-17-09 08:42 PM
    Response to Original message
    5. I wish she would take the damn dog with her
    we have had the stupid thing for 12 years

it is starting to have accidents in the house and is generally a pain

if my daughter has to leave, I wish she would take her dog with her
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=105x8858672

Oh this is nice! Take it out on the dam dog!

Banned
    If I had parents like her's I would've tried to get out of the house before 17 :D