1. #1 Obama Booed by doctors 
    WASHINGTON Barack Obama isn't used to hearing boos.

For all the young president's popularity, the response he got Monday from doctors at an American Medical Association meeting was a sign his road is only going to get rockier as he tries to sell his plan to overhaul the nation's health care system.

The boos erupted when Obama told the doctors in Chicago he wouldn't try to help them win their top legislative priority limits on jury damages in medical malpractice cases.

snip
    So many directions to take this, but I'll start with not hearing a word about him being booed in any of the reports on the speech that I heard today. Now, I wasn't intently watching every clip or locked in the AM radio today, but the speech did merit several blips in what I caught, and there was not a mention of active rejection of his statements. Shocked? No not really. More like disappointed.

The rest....of the story
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

Power CUer
    I'll suggest you didn't check many sources. Even NPR said he was booed!
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Banned
    I don't understand why the AMA would invite Obama to speak at their convention; they must know that the trial lawyers are in his pocket. Even by some miracle tort reform was passed, he would veto it. Additionally, his health care plan is going to put the squeeze on how much Doctors and Hospitals can charge their patients. They can look forward to a health czar who will put a cap on how much they can make.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    I don't understand why the AMA would invite Obama to speak at their convention; they must know that the trial lawyers are in his pocket. Even by some miracle tort reform was passed, he would veto it. Additionally, his health care plan is going to put the squeeze on how much Doctors and Hospitals can charge their patients. They can look forward to a health czar who will put a cap on how much they can make.
    He went to Harvard law didn't he ?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    He went to Harvard law didn't he ?
    Isn't that where many snobbish liberal elitist assholes wind up?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I'll suggest you didn't check many sources. Even NPR said he was booed!
    It was more a grumble-grumble than a boo.