Thread: Margaritas

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I forgot to put sugar in, so they were very "limey". But not too bad. No thanks to JB!!

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Biggie Bathtub Margaritas

These recipes will give you a reason to fire up the blender.

Try some of these Margarita recipes, most of which have variations on the classic ingredients of lime, tequila and triple sec.
    Frozen Blood Orange Margarita

1/2 cup blood orange juice
    2 tablespoons lemon juice (1 lemon)
    1 cup Triple Sec
    3 cups ice
    1 cup white tequila
    4 frozen margarita glasses

Combine the blood orange juice, lemon juice, Triple Sec, and ice in a blender and puree until completely blended. Add the tequila and puree for 2 seconds more. Pour the mixture into the frozen margarita glasses and serve.
    .................................................. ..
    Margarita

Ingredients:
    1-1/2 oz. silver tequila
    1 oz. Cointreau
    1/2 oz. fresh lime juice
    splash simple syrup, salt rim
    Combine all ingredients in an ice-filled cocktail shaker. Shake until cold and strain into a chilled salt-rimmed glass.
    Cranberry Margaritas

Blend the Southwest and the Northeast with this delicious take on the Mexican classic.
    Ingredients:
    1 1/4 cup cranberry juice
    1/2 cup sugar
    1 1/2 cup fresh frozen cranberries, rinsed
    3/4 cup fresh-squeezed lime juice
    3/4 cup tequila
    1/2 cup Grand Marnier ,ice
    Directions:
    Mix all the ingredients, except for the ice.
    Pour half of the mixture in the blender and fill the rest of the blender with ice. Blend. Repeat with second half of mixture.
    Servings: Approximately 2 medium pitchers
    Esta Loca Margarita (estŠ loca,It is crazy)

3 parts pomegranate juice
    3 parts orange tequila
    1 part orange liqueur or Triple Sec, Cointreau
    1 part sweet and sour mix
    1 1/2 cups ice cubes
    Lime wedge, for garnish

Combine all ingredients, except lime, in a pitcher. Stir. Pour into a margarita glass and garnish with lime wedge.
    Can also be served on the rocks.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkScribe View Post
    Actually, I have heard of using Grand Marnier in margaritas...but it is not traditional or commonly used.
    Grand Marnier is a substitute, not a complement, for either triple sec or cointreau. They're all orange flavored liquiers, Grand Marnier is more expensive and, some say, a bit more flavorful.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    I forgot to put sugar in, so they were very "limey". But not too bad. No thanks to JB!!
    They're supposed to be "limey",that's the whole thing about them !

Traditional Margaritas for a non-Margarita crowd
    snip
    I squeezed 2 cups worth of lime juice, added 1 cup tequila (the gold-colored anjeo commemorativo kind), half a cup of triple sec, a few teaspoons of sugar to counteract the sourness of the lime juice, a bit of pureed ripe honeydew melon to add a fruity note. I churned it in my ice cream maker to freeze it down to a slush. Texture was great. I scooped it into salt-rimmed margarita glasses. The ice-cold melt-off was for sipping while the rest of it stayed semi-frozen.

I used less tequila and triple sec than what my "Boston Official Bartenders Guide" would recommend (They say 1.5 times tequila to the amount of lime juice). Still, I got comments like "How much tequila did you put into this stuff?" "Wow! This is strong!"Personally, I thought they were delicious. They were very tart and tequila-y.

comments:
    I actually like it when you can taste the tequila--otherwise it can be too sweet, especially when people use those bottled mixers. Ugh, those are gross. Maybe they were expecting those slurpee machine margaritas?

If you want to play around and try using a high quality triple sec like Cointreau (50% tequila, equal parts cointreau & fresh lime juice), or you try mixing in Grand Marnier, a splash of OJ or try agave nectar/syrup (but not all at at the same time).
    CONVERT THE UNENLIGHTENED!!!! seriously though, i make my margaritas with 2oz tequilla, 1 oz triple sec(usually contreau), and 1 oz lime.the idea of putting in more of the other ingredients than the tequilla is just sickning. that said, yours sound very good, especially when you're at a summer cookout sorta thing, where you're cooling off and such. but i really can't stand either bottled mixers, or chain concoctions.
    http://www.chowhound.com/topics/323163