Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    My lawyer cost more than that. It's up to $25,000 and still counting. It happened over 3 years ago and by the time its over I suspect it will be $30,000+
    You should of quit drinking back in 92 when I did.

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    My lawyer cost more than that. It's up to $25,000 and still counting. It happened over 3 years ago and by the time its over I suspect it will be $30,000+
    That was the third one though, right?
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    Okay, Stallworth drives drunk and kills someone and gets 30 days in jail. Michael Vick pleaded guilty to charges of dog fighting and got put away for two years.

I'm not saying Vick shouldn't have been punished, but 30 days for a DUI killing? Jeez. Where's the proportionality?
    None of this makes any sense. 30 days is ridiculous. I guess if you're a celebrity, you just don't have to serve the time.

Moderate Commie Lib
    This is nothing new...same sort of thing with "Pacman" Jones. It's one of the reasons I can't stand most pro sports, especially pro football and basketball...a good half the playerbase are nothing but thugs.
    You determine how the conversation goes. Keep it clean, and you'll get nothing but honest discussion. Start flaming, and it's party time. :D

What is the big legal deal about a DUI? You get caught, you pay a fine, maybe some jail. What would a lawyer have to do to earn himself 30K?
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

Moderate Commie Lib
    Judges and minimum sentences on DUIs are rather inclined towards pwning the sh*t out of the defendants. I've seen pro se defendants get the maximum for speeding while drunk, much less having a wreck, hitting someone, or god forbid killing anyone.
    You determine how the conversation goes. Keep it clean, and you'll get nothing but honest discussion. Start flaming, and it's party time. :D

Banned
    Okay, Stallworth drives drunk and kills someone and gets 30 days in jail. Michael Vick pleaded guilty to charges of dog fighting and got put away for two years.

I'm not saying Vick shouldn't have been punished, but 30 days for a DUI killing? Jeez. Where's the proportionality?
    Someone without money and a good lawyer would have gotten serious jail time.

Moderate Commie Lib
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Someone without money and a good lawyer would have gotten serious jail time.
    And a name. You forgot that part.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    None of this makes any sense. 30 days is ridiculous. I guess if you're a celebrity, you just don't have to serve the time.
    It does not make sense at all --very unfair. However, when I read this:

Tallworth also must undergo drug and alcohol testing, will have a lifetime driver's license suspension and must perform 1,000 hours of community service.
    I think I know what the court is doing.

If he is sincerely remorseful, he can be used as a powerful tool as far as speaking to young people about alcohol and drunk driving. This happens from time to time in CA with celebrities. But the usual sentence is 6mos. to 1 year.

Also, the fact that the guy didn't flee the scene -- that says something to a judge.

I've been hearing the "it's just dogs" shit til I'm sick of it. Not from you Bubba, but I saw Jumpy thought of it too. You live in Ga too so you know how much I have to hear about how wrong Vick was done.

MICHAEL VICK WAS NOT PROSECUTED FOR DOG FIGHTING. HE SERVED TIME FOR VIOLATING THE RICO ACT. JESUS JUMPED UP MARY, PEOPLE. ENOUGH WITH THE VICK SHIT.:mad:

Nothing personal Bubba, Jumpy.:D

On edit: Vick also failed a piss test while out on bail.
    Last edited by Rebel Yell; 06-18-2009 at 04:27 PM.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad