Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    If its not flip-floppin its the blame game. No personal responsibility is ever nor will ever be taken by the Democratic party. From stolen election nonsense to Bush lied to Obama's more defined stance on the topic of the week. When Democrats regain all 3 branches of government what will be the excuse they'll use when we are no longer a Republic. This new New deal being proposed by the left will eradicate any semblance of this once great country.

Power CUer
    Eyelids,

Most of your last post isn't worth responding to because you can't come back with anything that really defends your candidate's complete lack of conviction on anything, but one comment has to be addressed:

Cute story, doesn't mean McCain should be president. In fact any responsible voter would not let that have any bearing on their decision.

This comment of yours referred the story about my uncle:

My uncle served in Vietnam and was exposed to Agent Orange over there. He was never able to have kids. That kind of sacrifice is something that McCain understands, not Obama.
    You can run your mouth and call me as many names as you want to but you will NOT insult my uncle's military service. You simply will not. It is not a "cute story": it is a tragedy and a sacrifice. This is something you in your selfish and foolish arrogance will never understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post

Please remember it wasnt Barack Obama who injected race into the campaign (unless being black is injecting race into the campaign, which it might be); it was Republican talk media. I really dont think Obama wanted to bring race into the discussion at any point because you're always going to find some narrow-minded fools who you end up offending.

Funny, I seem to remember quite a few Democrats commenting specifically on Obama's race. Geraldine Ferraro to name one. Heck, Bill Clinton even said that Obama's campaign "Played The Race Card On Me" after he compared Obama to Jesse Jackson. It is your party who is obsessed with race and you are crazy if you don't think it is obvious.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by BEG View Post
    Funny, I seem to remember quite a few Democrats commenting specifically on Obama's race. Geraldine Ferraro to name one. Heck, Bill Clinton even said that Obama's campaign "Played The Race Card On Me" after he compared Obama to Jesse Jackson. It is your party who is obsessed with race and you are crazy if you don't think it is obvious.
    Race was injected way before Ferraro. Remember Joe Biden calling Obama "articulate"? The Obama crowd called that a racial slur and that was way back in early 2007. See here:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/01/31/biden.obama/

The race baiting started with Obama, not with Clinton or anyone else. The strategy was to knock out solid people like Biden and Clinton by calling them racist.

So it was bound to happen...
    Obama squirmed when he was asked about the success of the surge in the past, but today he could deny it no longer.
    Obama admitted the Bush Surge is working:

Today, Obama finally admitted to the great success of the Bush Surge:

"If current trends continue and we were in a position where we continue to see reductions in violence and stabilization and continue to see some improvements on the part of the Iraqi Army and the Iraqi police, then my hope could be that we could draw down in a deliberate fashion in consultation with the Iraqi government at a pace that is determined in consultation with General Petraeus and the other commanders on the ground."
    (with Youtube proof!)

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    So it was bound to happen...
    Obama squirmed when he was asked about the success of the surge in the past, but today he could deny it no longer.
    Obama admitted the Bush Surge is working:

Today, Obama finally admitted to the great success of the Bush Surge:

(with Youtube proof!)
    You know, the RNC needs to supply its delegates with Obama flip flops.

Goldwater
    HuffPo and it's children are going to be very very angry with Obama for saying this.

The GOP is working on it:

The GOP increasingly has sought to take advantage of any opportunity to permanently pin the flip-flopper label on Obama, with all its unappealing associations, and strip him of the shiny-new-penny one he has cultivated.
    Obama's flip-flops
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Race was injected way before Ferraro. Remember Joe Biden calling Obama "articulate"? The Obama crowd called that a racial slur and that was way back in early 2007. See here:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/01/31/biden.obama/

The race baiting started with Obama, not with Clinton or anyone else. The strategy was to knock out solid people like Biden and Clinton by calling them racist.
    Exactly. Obama is the one, NOT the GOP who is fixated on race here. Then again, it shouldn't be any suprise at all, if you know your history on the Democratic Party. They fostered the policies of Jim Crow for almost 100 years. Dwight D. Eisenhower passed 2 pieces of Civil Rights legislation that were widely protested and rallied against by white southern democrats, yet JFK and LBJ seem to share in this myth that they were "great men who brought us all together". The democratic party of the 20th century showed absolutely NO interest in fostering good race relations or ending perceived "hatred". Hell, Democrats are largely the "Man" being rallied against for keeping urban communities down! They were the party of welfare, they were the party of not taking personal responsibility....is it any suprise that "Messiah" Obama is losing his luster? But oh wait.....for arguing AGAINST progressive Liberalism as a true mental disorder, I guess I must be a....................
    RACIST!
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

Eyelids
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    You can run your mouth and call me as many names as you want to but you will NOT insult my uncle's military service. You simply will not. It is not a "cute story": it is a tragedy and a sacrifice. This is something you in your selfish and foolish arrogance will never understand.
    Get off yourself. Do you really think John McCain would be a better president because he personally understands your uncle's sacrifice? What does his ability to "understand" on a personal level have to do with him doing his job better?

Fucking one-issues/spite voters. Every time I read an Elspeth post the Winston Churchill quote comes to mind.