Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Substitute Wednesday Thread 
    Power CUer
    Ginger's busy and asked me to post the following Wednesday thread for her:

Supposedly we are drying out today although scattered T-storms are predicted and I always seem to under the largest cell year. I should have planted water cress at this rate.

TOTD: Gals: do you use self-tanners? Why? Which ones work best with the least mess? Do you find it a bother and vaguely racist?

Guys, you can answer the above question if it applies or this one: how do you shave? Straight razor, safety razor, disposable, or electric? Shaving cream in a can or shaving soap? Why?

TOTD: No self-tanners. I have to be careful of the sun, so pale is a natural look for me. Orange is not.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Banned
    Hey, I thought today was Thursday. Retirement will do that to ya. Have not kept up with the weather today. Need to go grocery shopping this am and might give my ex workers a surprise visit whom I miss.

I have been using an an electric razor for the last 20 or so years. Works pretty good without the nicks.

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    One of my first jobs was at a tanning salon. I was addicted for years. I quit about 5 years ago and just recently started using the self tanners. They work fine except for the feet. There doesn't seem to be a way around that. Same with the spray tan. Ummm, no, I don't find it racist.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Sunny and 80's today. It will be a good work day.

TOTD:Tanning salon, Spray tan? Good grief!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Sunny and 80's today. It will be a good work day.

TOTD:Tanning salon, Spray tan? Good grief!
    I notice you answered the chick question.

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I notice you answered the chick question.
    She says as she shaves that little mustache off.

TOTD: Gillette Fusion...not exactly sure where that falls in on the list, and I dont use shaving cream. 2 reasons why and both are job related.

1: straight razor like i used in high school on a ship that pitches and rolls all over the place...just asking for a trip to the non-existent ER.

2: No shaving cream = no mess and more space when space is at a premium on board.

I plan on going back to my straight razor when I rotate to shore duty (which includes cream...adds to the experience :-D)
    “The characteristic of genuine heroism is its persistency. All men have wandering impulses, fits and starts of generosity. But when you have resolved to be great, abide by yourself, and do not weakly try to reconcile yourself with the world. The heroic cannot be the common, nor the common the heroic.”
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Freedom is the natural yearning of the human sprit as we were endowed by our creator.
    Rush Limbaugh CPAC 09

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    I use a Gillette Fusion once a week for my neck below my beard line. I use an electric razor on my neck about every other day.

I use a Wahl beard trimmer to trim my beard and moustache.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    I use a Gillette Fusion once a week for my neck below my beard line. I use an electric razor on my neck about every other day.

I use a Wahl beard trimmer to trim my beard and moustache.
    What do you use to shave your legs?

The first three days of a busy work week are behind me now. :)

TOTD: For the past few years I have been using Shick Quattro. The blades seem to last forever and in the long run that saves me a ton of money on other brands or good disposables. The Jewel/Osco chain sent me a free sample razor for the new Quattro Titanium w/ a built in edging blade...it was forwarded from my old Illinois address...a bonus in the mail box. :)

In fact, my local Walgreens on the corner just had the refills that I needed, buy one, get one free! Two four packs will last about 8 months & I shave daily. I also had a $3 off coupon, I love a good deal!

For shaving cream, I have tried most of them, but always go back to Barbasol foam. The gel stuff ends up being sticky & messy. Which in some situations is not a bad thing. :D