1. #1 'Think Twice About Retiring To Florida' 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Global Warmist Champion: 'Think Twice About Retiring To Florida'

If you're thinking of retiring in Florida, think twice. Sea levels are expected to rise three to five feet by late this century.

Um, Mr. Champion, it's the head of the Florida Chamber of Commerce on the line for you, and he, uh, doesn't sound too happy. Sam Champion: Tell him to go soak his head.

That apocryphal bit of dialogue might not be too far off the mark. On today's GMA Champion warned Americans that "if you're thinking of retiring in Florida, think twice."

The ABC meteorologist made his dire suggestion in the course of announcing the Obama administration's issuance of a report on the impact of climate change on the United States, which seems to cast matters in worst-case terms.

SAM CHAMPION: If you're thinking of retiring in Florida, think twice. Sea levels are expected to rise three to five feet by late this century.

Three to five feet? Even the IPCC, Al Gore's Nobel-winning sidekicks, predicted only a 9-16 inch rise in world sea levels by the end of the 21st century.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/mark-fi...tiring-florida

Funny, as I look out at the thermometer on the column of my porch at the 55 degree temperature in the middle of June, I'm kinda doubting this whole global warming nonsense.
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!

Power CUer
    There are so many other reasons I have no intention of retiring to Florida, that would have to be added somewhere far down the list.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    [SIZE="3"]
    If you're thinking of retiring in Florida, think twice. Sea levels are expected to rise three to five feet by late this century.
    Most people who retire to Florida will be dead by late this century.;)

I never thought once about retiring to FL. I have to drive amongst enough of them on I-75 here. I hate driving in FL. THE LEFT LANE IS NOT FOR YOUR SLOW ASSES!!!!!!!
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

IMAGINE how much nicer this country would be if EVERYONE retired to florida . . . . I think we should pass a law requiring people to retire to florida :D
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    IMAGINE how much nicer this country would be if EVERYONE retired to florida . . . . I think we should pass a law requiring people to retire to florida :D
    Shut up!:mad: It's bad enough as it is. Sheesh.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    Most people who retire to Florida will be dead by late this century.;)

I never thought once about retiring to FL. I have to drive amongst enough of them on I-75 here. I hate driving in FL. THE LEFT LANE IS NOT FOR YOUR SLOW ASSES!!!!!!!
    Those aren't Floridians. They're Yankees.:mad:
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Shut up!:mad: It's bad enough as it is. Sheesh.
    NOT TRUE! I could be much MUCH worse! JUST IMAGINE how much better traffic would be in the rest of the country if we could get all of the sunday drivers confined to florida!

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Those aren't Floridians. They're Yankees.:mad:
    Not all of em! My Dad lives outside of Tampa and he's as much a Yankee a Gen. Robert E. Lee.

Ive known several people that moved to Florida thinking it was such a wondereful place, and all 5 of them have returned trying to get their old jobs back or living with family..
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!