Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Looks like Obama has lost a few fans but 'vote Republician',don't count on it ,she's from New York City don't you know ?
    Not so sure of them voting for McCain, but most of my clients are Dems, mostly for Hillary. I've heard lots of grumbling about not skipping the vote for pres. They're pretty angry about the way Hillary has been treated. They don't rant like the woman in the video (I loved watching it), but almost that angry.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Not so sure of them voting for McCain, but most of my clients are Dems, mostly for Hillary. I've heard lots of grumbling about not skipping the vote for pres. They're pretty angry about the way Hillary has been treated. They don't rant like the woman in the video (I loved watching it), but almost that angry.
    Hillary can't let Obama win the general election. If he wins and has a disastrous single term, he'll poison the well for any Democrat for the 2012 election. If he wins and gets reelected, she can't run until 2016. That;s a long time to stay married to Bill. If he loses in 2008, she can make the case that she was right about him being too radical and she is nicely positioned for 2012.

Now, with that in mind, remember that Obama must win NY in order to win the general election. If he loses NY, he's toast. Hillary owns the NYS Democratic Party. If they just sit on their hands and don't do a get out the vote drive, or do a half-assed one, then upstate, Long Island and Staten Island will go to McCain in a walk. Obama will take Manhattan, but he will have a hard time in Brooklyn without the party aparatus to get out his vote. Same with the Bronx. He wil lose Queens and Staten Island. Although he will win the overall vote in the city, it won't be enough to offset his losses upstate and on the island.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!