Thread: Name one thing the government has done.....

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Name one thing the government has done..... 
    That it didn't screw up. As I hear Obama talk about more government control over the financial markets, I can't think of anything that the government has gotten involved with that didn't turn to garbage.
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!

Grow.

Banned
    Military?

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    Military?
    At first I thought this might be one-it's true that we have a dominant military, but if you tallied up the trillions of dollars lost to fraud, waste and abuse and the thousands of vehicles we've abandoned on foreign shores after conflicts, I'd have to say that it can't even operate this well.

I think firms like Black water that have a finite budget operate much more efficently because the money is precious to them.. Our government doesn't watch its spending because they know they can always just take more from us.

Japandroid
    Quote Originally Posted by stsinner View Post
    I think firms like Black water that have a finite budget operate much more efficently because the money is precious to them.. Our government doesn't watch its spending because they know they can always just take more from us.
    Blackwater just robbed the US for $55 mil, and they aren't exactly a moral institution. And war is by nature expensive, you dont want to risk defeat just to avoid negatives on a balance sheet. Considering America's track record in wars, I'd say the government has done a pretty decent job at them. Nobody's perfect.

The government does a ton of things for you every day that are not viable for a business, you just ignore them or make ridiculous claims.

The government only does well with the military when our politicians have enough sense to let the military run itself. Everything else it touches, it destroys. It's too bad we haven't stuck with the limited government intended by our founders.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Banned
    National Parks...?

WTF am I saying. We live in the friggin' greatest country in the world and you have the gall ask what has the government done. Thought you far-rights were Patriots?

Obama's not perfect, Bush wasn't perfect, but if you think of the opportunities that we have as individuals... You think of how much business and commerce gets done across this country every f-ing day... This country has changed the course of history in two world wars... Dug ourselves out of major economic depression, multiple recessions...

Don't give any b.s. that is was people--the government, for better or worse, is an extension of us. We have the power to set a new course every election.

National Elections for christ sakes! National Highways! National Guard! National Anthem! Good God, man, how dare you ask a question like that?!

We don't get it right every time, but we have an uncanny ability to take step back, make changes, and move forward better that any other society on earth.

The left loves government - especially big government and likes to defend it. The right loves this country despite the government and is ready and willing to defend the country from the government.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Moderate Commie Lib
    Government is at its' best when it provides a limited social safety net, keeps the private sector from getting too full of itself, and does a passable job of dealing with threats foreign and domestic.

It's failing 2 of the three at the moment, and has been for years.
    You determine how the conversation goes. Keep it clean, and you'll get nothing but honest discussion. Start flaming, and it's party time. :D

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    The left loves government - especially big government and likes to defend it. The right loves this country despite the government and is ready and willing to defend the country from the government.
    The Government,both Federal and State, exists only to perpetuate themselves and little more.It's has become a Great festering abscess the backside of America and needs to be lanced !For proof just look at the afairs of the state of California.