Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 As Furor Over Palin Joke Rages, Letterman Rises in the Ratings 
    http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.co...ref=television

What did I tell you? Damn jackasses! those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it!! :mad: Did people learn NOTHING from Tipper Gore's fiasco with that dumbass show Married with children??? Calls for boycotts and attacks like have been being heaped on that dumbass letterman ALWAYS backfire!!:mad::mad:
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Power CUer
    Once again, being in bed by 10 pm has a lot going for it. I recommend it to others here.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Tipper Gore's thing was rock music.

The Married With Children thing was started by a woman from a wealthy Detroit suburb who obviously couldn't figure out how to work her remote control. She looked kinda like Tipper, though, and I forgot her name.

Banned
    Letterman was tanking big time in the polls and Palin made his numbers go up without even being on his show. Can't believe how "unpopular" this woman is.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Pop Quiz Poll: Should CBS Fire David Letterman For Palin Daughter Sex Joke?
    "So Far Forty Six percent say yes he should be fired .However since his production company owns the show and that isn't possible.

Fire David Letterman,Up Next:
    This Saturday, Texas Will Hold Its Own Fire David Letterman Rally
    KBTX TV, CBS Affiliate
    4141 E. 29th St.
    Bryan, Texas
    Tuesday's FIRE DAVID LETTERMAN RALLY
    52,000 Have Signed Letter to CBS to Fire Him

Our Mission Statement:
    David Letterman Must Be Held Accountable For His Disgraceful Statements

Letterman's 2nd Apology Monday Night:
    Palin Accepts Apology
    But Imus Apology Was Accepted, too, and CBS Fired Him

"If Palin were black Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton would be all over him !"

"I'm glad he's acknowledged we're right. I think it's a good first step in the right direction,
    but I don't think it's enough."

John Ziegler
    www.FireDavidLetterman.com

62 Year Old Letterman Violates Common Decency
    With Sexist Insults of 14 Year Old Girl

http://firedavidletterman.com/

Hannity interviewed Sharpton the other night and Sharpton didn't seem that upset about Letterman and said Imus' faux pas was worse than Letterman's. I'm afraid I had to change the channel at that point so I didn't hear his "rationale". You can absorb just so much crap in a 24 hour period.
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmostThere View Post
    Hannity interviewed Sharpton the other night and Sharpton didn't seem that upset about Letterman and said Imus' faux pas was worse than Letterman's. I'm afraid I had to change the channel at that point so I didn't hear his "rationale". You can absorb just so much crap in a 24 hour period.
    With Jackson and Sharpton it's all about the Money !They put the squeeze on CBS and they caved in for several million. If they lose Letterman,as bad as he is, there goes the their network !They need to keep after Letterman and haunt him .He will lash out eventually as his ego must be enormous .I wonder if he fired the writer that wrote the Paulin skit ?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Once again, being in bed by 10 pm has a lot going for it. I recommend it to others here.
    Most old people go to bed early and the reference to old for some has nothing to do with age.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Most old people go to bed early and the reference to old for some has nothing to do with age.
    Old people also know when to use "to" and "too"; I see that's dying out. :p
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by AlmostThere View Post

I saw part of that-Sharpton was saying that Letterman's insults were directed to two specific people, and Imus' were directed toward a group, so he felt that it was on Palin to respond to Letterman's remarks, but it was for him to respond to Imus'. It was a roundabout way of saying that "I'm a civil rights activisit, so a racial comment is something I'm going to respond to".