Thread: Aussie Molester free while dad who bashed him could be jailed for life!

1. #1 Aussie Molester free while dad who bashed him could be jailed for life! 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Molester free while dad who bashed him could be jailed

UPDATE: A QUEENSLAND father who bashed a man caught molesting his 10-year-old son is facing a prison sentence, while the boy's attacker walks free.In a highly unusual case, Shane Thomas Davidson was spared jail despite pleading guilty to molesting the boy on State Of Origin night last year.

Judge Ian Dearden told Beenleigh District Court the sentence was reduced because the young victim's father had wrongly taken action into his own hands and badly beaten Davidson."There is no place in our community for a vigilante approach," he said.

Davidson was sentenced on Monday to a nine-month intensive corrections order.The boy's father is awaiting trial on one count of grievous bodily harm, which carries a maximum penalty of life imprisonment.

Today, the father's brother told Radio 4BC's Greg Carey that his sibling snapped after the boy repeated his claim that he had been molested to his mother and then to friends from across the street."My brother just lost it then; he dragged him (the sex offender) outside", the brother said.He said he arrived at the scene to discover "my brother in handcuffs sitting in the back of a police car".

He said it was up to the public to decided whether the pedophile had suffered enough for his crime.The brother said the pedophile's abuse of his nephew had "absolutely put a wedge in all of our hearts".

LINK????

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Molester free while dad who bashed him could be jailed

UPDATE: A QUEENSLAND father who bashed a man caught molesting his 10-year-old son is facing a prison sentence, while the boy's attacker walks free.In a highly unusual case, Shane Thomas Davidson was spared jail despite pleading guilty to molesting the boy on State Of Origin night last year.

Judge Ian Dearden told Beenleigh District Court the sentence was reduced because the young victim's father had wrongly taken action into his own hands and badly beaten Davidson."There is no place in our community for a vigilante approach," he said.

Davidson was sentenced on Monday to a nine-month intensive corrections order.The boy's father is awaiting trial on one count of grievous bodily harm, which carries a maximum penalty of life imprisonment.

Today, the father's brother told Radio 4BC's Greg Carey that his sibling snapped after the boy repeated his claim that he had been molested to his mother and then to friends from across the street."My brother just lost it then; he dragged him (the sex offender) outside", the brother said.He said he arrived at the scene to discover "my brother in handcuffs sitting in the back of a police car".

He said it was up to the public to decided whether the pedophile had suffered enough for his crime.The brother said the pedophile's abuse of his nephew had "absolutely put a wedge in all of our hearts".

Gimme a break. What does the judge expect the man to have done? He does realize that the child molester now has a bullseye on his back . . . .
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

In a side note - the judge in this case is a damn hippy. http://www.sclqld.org.au/qjudiciary/profiles/idearden/
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    In a side note - the judge in this case is a damn hippy. http://www.sclqld.org.au/qjudiciary/profiles/idearden/
    His daughter's name is Natasha. Maybe he's a commie. :D
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

Resident Grump
    Today, the father's brother told Radio 4BC's Greg Carey that his sibling snapped after the boy repeated his claim that he had been molested to his mother and then to friends from across the street."My brother just lost it then; he dragged him (the sex offender) outside", the brother said .He said he arrived at the scene to discover "my brother in handcuffs sitting in the back of a police car"
    That's what the law is for, and whilst I do not feel sorry for the paedo, the father is also under the law and cant just walk away. It is very unlikely he will get life, maybe time served.

This concept may be alien to some of you, especially you Arpaio freaks, but in this country we kinda have a small concept..innocent until proven gullty?

Ever hear of it?

I am reminded of a case in the US recently, where another father was told by his wife that his daughter had been molested, he went next door and shot the man dead.

Except that the man didn't touch the kid. The wife lied.

Oops.

Vigiilante or not, the law is the same...or do you believe it is enough to accuse a man, beat him bloody, and then realise you may have attacked an innocent man?

In 1990 in Queensland, a woman came running out of a park, her dress in tatters, screaming she had been raped. She gasped out a description and two would be heroes went after the man, beat him to death and then were arrested.

Except.

Man they killed was gay and had never laid eyes on her in his life.
    Man they killed hadnt touched the woman.
    Woman was a nutcase.

Oops.

The two men went to jail for the rest of their lives.
    Man was still dead.
    Cant apologise to a corpse, can you?

I have no sympathy for any paedo...they deserve the full weight of the law.

Vigilantes have a tendency to get it VERY wrong. Thats what we have police and courts for.

Oh by the way: as to the hippy comment

Might I draw your attention to the following that was oh so conveniently overlooked?

• Member. Legal Aid Queensland Board (2003–2005)
    • Member, Council of King's College, University of Queensland (1997–2000, 2002–2003)
    • Admitted as Barrister and Solicitor, Supreme Court of Nauru (1995)
    • Principal, Dearden Lawyers (1997–2005)
    • President, Queensland Council for Civil Liberties (1994–2005)
    • Visiting Lecturer, University of Queensland, Griffith University, QUT and Law Society Continuing Legal Education courses (1988–2005)
    • Solicitor, Robertson O'Gorman (1991–1997)
    • Member, Queensland Council for Civil Liberties (1984–2005)
    • Solicitor, Legal Aid Office, Queensland (1984–1991)
    • Admitted as a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland (1984)
    The judge you are sneering at has been a champiion for free speech and a free press,

Almost There: Leave his family ALONE. Out of line.
    Last edited by Sonnabend; 06-18-2009 at 05:27 AM.