1. #1 "I Guess Letterman Won't Be Going There again ?" 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Olive Garden pulls Letterman ads

Following a week of back and forth between CBS late night comic David Letterman and Sarah Palin over a crude joke he told about the Alaska Republican governor’s daughter, the Olive Garden restaurant says it is cancelling all of its scheduled ads on Letterman’s “Late Show” for the rest of the year.

In an email to a Letterman critic obtained by POLITICO, a spokeswoman for the Italian restaurant chain wrote that “there will be no more Olive Garden ads scheduled for ‘The Late Show’ with David Letterman in this year's broadcast schedule,” citing the talk show host’s “inappropriate comments.”

“We apologize that Mr. Letterman’s mistake, which was not consistent with our standards and values, left you with a bad impression of Olive Garden,” wrote Sherri Bruen, the company’s guest relations manager.

Bruen said the company “screens network television programs whenever possible,” but explained that “telecasts, such as ‘The Late Show’ with David Letterman, are taped on a daily basis, preventing advertisers from reviewing the content prior to airing.”

A spokesman for the company confirmed Thursday that for now it has cancelled all its remaining scheduled ads on the CBS program for the rest of the year.
    snip
    Ziegler has listed contact information for 14 advertisers on Letterman’s show, including Olive Garden, on his website dedicated to the comedian’s firing. He called the news an “obvious victory” but vowed to continue “our quest for some sense of accountability for Letterman in this matter.”

Letterman has apologized for his comment last week about Palin’s daughter getting “knocked up by Alex Rodriguez” during the governor’s recent visit to a Yankees baseball game. Palin attended the game as part of a trip to New York.

snio

“Letterman certainly has the right to ‘joke’ about whatever he wants to, and thankfully we have the right to express our reaction,” she said in a statement.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories...xzz0InvVAHOG&D

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0609/23889.html

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    [I]Olive Garden pulls Letterman ads

In an email to a Letterman critic obtained by POLITICO, a spokeswoman for the Italian restaurant chain wrote that “there will be no more Olive Garden ads scheduled for ‘The Late Show’ with David Letterman in this year's broadcast schedule,” citing the talk show host’s “inappropriate comments.”

“We apologize that Mr. Letterman’s mistake, which was not consistent with our standards and values, left you with a bad impression of Olive Garden,” wrote Sherri Bruen, the company’s guest relations manager.

A spokesman for the company confirmed Thursday that for now it has cancelled all its remaining scheduled ads on the CBS program for the rest of the year.
    It's top secret, so I can't say who , but somebody I know is going to dining at the Olive Garden, very soon. :)
    “To the wrongs that need resistance, To the right that needs assistance, To the future in the distance, Give yourselves.”
    -Carrie Chapman Catt

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by SecretOperative View Post
    It's top secret, so I can't say who , but somebody I know is going to dining at the Olive Garden, very soon. :)
    Why? What crime did they commit? :(
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Why? What crime did they commit? :(

LoL, I think when we complain to advertisers about supporting such a left wing palin hating wack job, we need to reward them when they do the right thing.
    Last edited by SecretOperative; 06-18-2009 at 02:08 PM. Reason: no question mark please lol
    “To the wrongs that need resistance, To the right that needs assistance, To the future in the distance, Give yourselves.”
    -Carrie Chapman Catt

Power CUer
    Oh! You mean you LIKE Olive Garden. I hadn't actually thought of that. :o
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Banned
    How will they fill that ad time?

Now CBS can sell those slots at a higher price because Letterman's ratings are up.

Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    ...Now CBS can sell those slots at a higher price because Letterman's ratings are up.
    Guessing this is a temporary surge due to the controversy. Give it a couple weeks. :)
    -Carrie Chapman Catt

8. #8 Update 
    Banned
    Olive Garden Story Update

The Olive Garden restaurant chain is denying that it canceled all of its scheduled ads on CBS late night comic David Letterman’s “Late Show” in response to a crude joke Letterman told about Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin’s daughter and instead contends that its ad schedule concluded.
    How do they get something like this wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by SecretOperative View Post
    Guessing this is a temporary surge due to the controversy. Give it a couple weeks. :)
    He would have to be consistently funny to get good ratings from now on. I don't know why he is still on telivision. He has always put me to sleep.

can we get a moratorium on letterman threads please?
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.