Thread: This Census issue: a question

1. #1 This Census issue: a question 
    Resident Grump
    We have a Census here too( I think everyone does)

Can anyone actually post the questions or the form for me? I am curious as to what questions are being asked and to see what the fuss is all about.

From what I've been able to glean by googling. the Census itself is not the problem. Presumably, it contains only 7 questions per person, none of which is particularly intrusive. And there will be no 'long forms' this time.

The problem seems to be what's called the American Community Survey, which is sort of an addendum to the Census. It will be sent to about 1 in 480 households and HERE'S where the nasty questions are hiding.

As the date arrives, I'm sure will be hearing much more about it, so stay tuned. They're not letting out much info yet on what the ACS contains, but it'll take about 40 minutes to fill out.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    We have a Census here too( I think everyone does)

Can anyone actually post the questions or the form for me? I am curious as to what questions are being asked and to see what the fuss is all about.
    http://www.census.gov/acs/www/SBasics/SQuest/SQuest1.htm

Our Constitution specifies only a counting of inhabitants. Around 1850 that expanded to sex and slave/free status. Since then it's included other things at various times for various reasons.

A lot of people are upset because the census is being partially conducted by ACORN people and because the additional survey is extremely intrusive.

The skinny is that the Community Organizer in Chief and constant champion for the minorities is trying to get things redistricted all over the US to benefit minorities, and he'll see to it that the census comes out to that end... .

I've had the man come to my house and walk up my driveway with his handh-held computer and punch crap in and then come back around front. I opened the door and asked him what I could help him with.. He said that he was from the Census Bureau and needed to make sure they get the occupancy of dwellings correct.. He asked me if my home was a sing family or if I had tenants anywhere on my property.. I thought this was very odd in May the year before the census...
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!

Don't worry - if you don't answer - Acorn will make it up and fill it in for you.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.