Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1 I had to post this exchange from DU about Boxer 
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    The West
    Posts
    1,618
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=389x5880701

    This one poster, MADem is kicking ass over there. Everyone is trying to justify Boxer's rudeness and as is usual at the du, making up their own facts. But MADem is adeptly and impressively shooting all the BS down like a patriot missile. Look at this one exchange, as a military member myself, I know this poster is just making shit up out of thin air:

    kiranon (540 posts) Fri Jun-19-09 10:10 PM
    Response to118.

    As a former woman officer and member of a general's staff, you are wrong.There are very few women generals and this BG General from the Air Force which has a terrible problem with sexism was not used to saying "Ma'am" to anyone in the service. He was being disrespectful in an insiders kind of way. That said, I would have let it go and I would have called him Brigadier General every time I addressed him as a BG General is at the bottom of the barrel in terms of generals. But, I do not think Senator Boxer knew to do that but she knew she was being disrespected. Call me Senator was ok by me.
    He nails him/her with this response:

    MADem (1000+ posts) Sat Jun-20-09 03:17 AM
    Response to Reply #118

    142. No I am not wrong. And there are not "very few women generals." Let's highlight this comment of yours, because it is an incredible example of someone getting their facts ENTIRELY wrong:

    ...this BG General from the Air Force which has a terrible problem with sexism was not used to saying "Ma'am" to anyone in the service. He was being disrespectful in an insiders kind of way....

    There are fifty eight female general and flag officers on active duty, and many more on the retired list. You ought to be ashamed of yourself for trying to BS this forum in that fashion.

    If you were actually "a member of a general's staff" (which general, pray tell? General Nuisance? General Motors?) you'd know that. Further, the Women Flag and General's luncheons, which are a regular staple in DC, wouldn't be very well attended if there weren't any upper echelon women in the ranks, now, would they be?

    Moreover, and here's where you outed yourself--the guy you are calling, without evidence, a sexist, wasn't an AIR FORCE officer--which makes your comments about your "staff experience" seem even more suspect, since you obviously cannot even recognize an ARMY uniform. If you are on any Flag or General staff, from junior enlisted driver to senior officer Chief of Staff, you'd damn well better be able to recognize the uniforms and ranks of ALL services.

    BG Walsh is a member of the ARMY Corps of Engineers. ARMY--not Air Force. Didn't you watch the hearing? If you didn't, why are you shooting your mouth off like you know what you're talking about? If you had watched it, you'd KNOW that this man was ACOE, not USAF. Gee, and you "know" that Walsh is a sexist? Why don't you point to the section of the hearing (give us the hour and minute point in the link I provided in this thread) to show us where this "sexist" was anything but courteous? The man was entirely polite to everyone, male and female, on that committee. Boxer even acknowledged at the end of the guy's testimony that her frustration was with events that happened BEFORE this guy even reported to his command. Of course, if you watched the testimony, you'd know that and wouldn't have called him, wrongly, a sexist.

    Take your shameless prevarications and just walk away. You have, with your own words, demonstrated that you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about and no shame at all in putting forth bona fides that do not stand up to even the most cursory scrutiny. For this reason, I look askance at your insistence that you were ever commissioned or worked on a general staff--I do not find any of your statements or assertions of experience credible in the slightest. And that's YOUR fault, for making stuff up.
    This is one of my favorite posts on DU of all time. Even though I'm sure I wouldn't agree with MADem on much, I have to give credit for the way he/she defends the military here. Well done!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Power CUer FlaGator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The Swamps of N. Florida
    Posts
    22,306
    Quote Originally Posted by Lager View Post
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=389x5880701

    This one poster, MADem is kicking ass over there. Everyone is trying to justify Boxer's rudeness and as is usual at the du, making up their own facts. But MADem is adeptly and impressively shooting all the BS down like a patriot missile. Look at this one exchange, as a military member myself, I know this poster is just making shit up out of thin air:



    He nails him/her with this response:



    This is one of my favorite posts on DU of all time. Even though I'm sure I wouldn't agree with MADem on much, I have to give credit for the way he/she defends the military here. Well done!
    I may be wrong, but aren't women officers referred to as sir as well as the male officers? If that is true then the OP was completely discredited when he stated that Walsh wasn't use to saying Ma'am to a officer.

    I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    16,082
    The OP in the above post is typical of these people. They wouldn't know the truth if it bit them in the ass and the scary thing is that these little bouncies they make up, they actually believe them.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    CU's Tallest Midget! PoliCon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    25,328
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    The OP in the above post is typical of these people. They wouldn't know the truth if it bit them in the ass and the scary thing is that these little bouncies they make up, they actually believe them.
    They make the stories they have fit their preconceived notions . . . . . you know - right story, wrong facts.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    The West
    Posts
    1,618
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    I may be wrong, but aren't women officers referred to as sir as well as the male officers? If that is true then the OP was completely discredited when he stated that Walsh wasn't use to saying Ma'am to a officer.
    I have not heard a woman officer in the Air Force referred to as "Sir", nor have I seen it amongst the other forces that I've served alongside with. I can't say with certainty that is the case in the rest of the armed forces, perhaps some of our other branches can weigh in with their experience.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Power CUer FlaGator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The Swamps of N. Florida
    Posts
    22,306
    Quote Originally Posted by Lager View Post
    I have not heard a woman officer in the Air Force referred to as "Sir", nor have I seen it amongst the other forces that I've served alongside with. I can't say with certainty that is the case in the rest of the armed forces, perhaps some of our other branches can weigh in with their experience.
    I am sure your are right, I just remember hearing a women officer referred to as sir once. I was probably mistaken and I had never thought to look up the protocol until now and I didn't find anything to confirm what I thought. Thank you for the info!

    I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Senior Member Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    548
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    I am sure your are right, I just remember hearing a women officer referred to as sir once. I was probably mistaken and I had never thought to look up the protocol until now and I didn't find anything to confirm what I thought. Thank you for the info!
    It's like that in some movies, but not in real life.
    Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school.

    --Albert Einstein
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8 Hahahahahaa 
    According to this DU thread, "ma'am" is an offensive term now!!! BAHAHAHAHAHA.

    What a bunch of hairy arm-pitted flat-chested mustachoid man-hating "sexually liberated" dirty fingernailed toothless cross-eyed shaved-headed lesbos those feminists at DU are.

    Edited to add:

    Last edited by GoneNutz; 06-20-2009 at 10:31 PM.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,147
    Quote Originally Posted by Lager View Post
    I have not heard a woman officer in the Air Force referred to as "Sir", nor have I seen it amongst the other forces that I've served alongside with. I can't say with certainty that is the case in the rest of the armed forces, perhaps some of our other branches can weigh in with their experience.
    Thank you for posting this lager. I went over to DU and read the whole thing. Liberal or not this lady has balls!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    no-man's land in Texas
    Posts
    2,168
    Thanks, MADem! I really appreiciate you standing up to the lies in DUmmieville. :)

    Very interesting thread.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •