Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Teetop View Post
    Thanks, MADem! I really appreiciate you standing up to the lies in DUmmieville. :)

Very interesting thread.
    prolly Hazlnuts ID over there . . . .
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    I may be wrong, but aren't women officers referred to as sir as well as the male officers? If that is true then the OP was completely discredited when he stated that Walsh wasn't use to saying Ma'am to a officer.
    Only if I'm tired of being an NCO. ;)

The thread is almost up to 400 replies and MADem is still giving em hell. They attack and attack futilely and he deftly parries and deflects every one without the least bit of effort or show of weakness. All their prejudices and misguided notions are exposed as they crash like waves against his unassailable logic. The poster who lamely pretended to be in the military comes whimpering back after being shot down in flames and this time with an even stranger and weaker:

kiranon (545 posts) Sat Jun-20-09 05:55 PM
    Response to Reply #142254. I heard it on the radio and yes what I said is true - a BG says "yes General" not "Ma'am."Cannot say where I was on the general's staff because I would be recognized and 58 isn't very many and I stand by my statement that this BG said didn't have much practice saying "Ma'am to any general." Note: The issue is not how many generals but how many outranked the BG which means how many women generals have 2 stars or more. That's the number that counts since he wouldn't be saying "Yes, Ma'am" to someone on the BG level. Since you know so much, you tell us. Some of the retired women generals spent a lot of time deciding what uniforms women in the military should wear and nothing more important than that. Some are very important but how many out rank this BG and work with him? I guess I got your dander up but except for the Air Force part (radio called him Air Force) I stand by my comments. I don't spend my days watching TV. Please look up how women have been harassed at the Air Force Academy if you want to see what sexism looks like. I was the SGS at at Unified Command and was awarded the Joint Service Commendation Medal. What do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    I may be wrong, but aren't women officers referred to as sir as well as the male officers? If that is true then the OP was completely discredited when he stated that Walsh wasn't use to saying Ma'am to a officer.
    Back when I was in the Navy, I always referred to female officers as Ma'am. It seemed to be the right thing to do and nobody told me otherwise.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

It's not surprising that Liberals, who hate the military and everything it stands for, would not see the utter rudeness and obnoxiousness in Boxer's remarks.
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!

426 posts and starting to wind down now. It was a great battle!

Moderate Commie Lib
    kiranon (545 posts) Sat Jun-20-09 05:55 PM
    Response to Reply #142254. I heard it on the radio and yes what I said is true - a BG says "yes General" not "Ma'am."Cannot say where I was on the general's staff because I would be recognized and 58 isn't very many and I stand by my statement that this BG said didn't have much practice saying "Ma'am to any general." Note: The issue is not how many generals but how many outranked the BG which means how many women generals have 2 stars or more. That's the number that counts since he wouldn't be saying "Yes, Ma'am" to someone on the BG level. Since you know so much, you tell us. Some of the retired women generals spent a lot of time deciding what uniforms women in the military should wear and nothing more important than that. Some are very important but how many out rank this BG and work with him? I guess I got your dander up but except for the Air Force part (radio called him Air Force) I stand by my comments. I don't spend my days watching TV. Please look up how women have been harassed at the Air Force Academy if you want to see what sexism looks like. I was the SGS at at Unified Command and was awarded the Joint Service Commendation Medal. What do you have?
    LOL @ unverifiable claims coupled with the "I can't be specific because I'd be outed". Irony at the DUmp is always in great supply :D
    You determine how the conversation goes. Keep it clean, and you'll get nothing but honest discussion. Start flaming, and it's party time. :D