Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Get Back in the Closet. Mike Adams 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Dear UNC-Wilmington Students: Itís getting close to time to start another semester.

That means that itís time to lay down the rules for all of my classes. Iím going to continue to use all the rules Iíve used before, which can be found in my syllabus. But, starting this semester, Iím adding three more rules. Gay, lesbian, bi-sexual, and transgendered students (GILBERTS) need to pay especially close attention.

First of all, GILBERTS will not be allowed to mention their status as gay, lesbian, bi-sexual, or trans-gendered. A few semesters ago, a gay student in one of my classes said Ė right in the middle of class, mind you Ė ďIím gay.Ē It offended me when he said that. That is why I am banning such statements for the duration of the semester. The simple awareness of the presence of gays in my classes offends me. No other reason need be offered. Just shut up and comply with the rule

http://townhall.com/columnists/MikeA..._in_the_closet

Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.

That is what we call hitting the nail on the head. Take almost any case of Christians being told to sit down and shut up, replace "Christian" with "gay" in the account, and you're an evil, oppresive dirtbag. Present the original case, you're a great champion of liberation.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

Mike Adams always makes me laugh :)
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

For those very few conservative instructors mired in the liberal cesspool of most colleges and universities, Mike Adams is a much-needed link to sanity.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obamaís $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. Itís no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obamaís own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

They really should make him Secretary of Education.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Banned
    "b) offering very mild criticism of one assertion of Darwinism, and"

I wonder what said criticism was....

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    "b) offering very mild criticism of one assertion of Darwinism, and"

I wonder what said criticism was....
    That's probably unimportant. His point is that the playing field is hardly level when it comes to injecting discussion in the classroom. I have suffered through numerous classroom discussions that were not enhanced by anecdotal revelations. However, because the anecdotes established victim status, left-of-center politics, sexual interests, or irrelevant social views, the instructor let it go on anyway.

I'm sure I wouldn't get the same treatment for expressing my views in an equally irrelevant way. I wouldn't get that level of polite regard if my expression was on-point and on-topic.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    That's probably unimportant. His point is that the playing field is hardly level when it comes to injecting discussion in the classroom. I have suffered through numerous classroom discussions that were not enhanced by anecdotal revelations. However, because the anecdotes established victim status, left-of-center politics, sexual interests, or irrelevant social views, the instructor let it go on anyway.

I'm sure I wouldn't get the same treatment for expressing my views in an equally irrelevant way. I wouldn't get that level of polite regard if my expression was on-point and on-topic.
    Well, that depends... I think it could be very important. It might be nothing, but we certainly don't have enough information to judge... searching around briefly revealed some pretty ignorant statements, (yet stated boldly and with certainty), about evolution on the part of this guy.

If he's as militant as he appears, I wouldn't be surprised to learn he was spouting off that same type of ignorant crap in his classes... in which case, the students would be right to complain.
    Last edited by wilbur; 06-23-2009 at 12:08 AM.

Japandroid
    What if a professor said this about Christians? I would really appreciate if they'd "just shut up" when discussing topics that shouldn't have a religious agenda shoved in them.