Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Exactly. It took years and years before conservatives, traditional Christians, Orthodox Jews, and equality feminists realized that they could use the opposition's tactics against itself.
    Except its really less parts "strategy".. and more parts genuine "delusions of persecution".

:)

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    Except its really less parts "strategy".. and more parts genuine "delusions of persecution".

No, it's pretty much 100% legal payback. Libs shaded and sanded the laws to allow these kinds of objections and other people are just using them.

*shrugs*

Thank you for taking the time to look through the FIRE site at the "delusions" of which you speak. Your insistence on remaining completely ignorant about specific subjects has been noted repeatedly. You are a true product of the US education system.

wilbur, in real life:
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obamaís $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. Itís no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obamaís own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    Thank you for taking the time to look through the FIRE site at the "delusions" of which you speak. Your insistence on remaining completely ignorant about specific subjects has been noted repeatedly.
    Why on earth should I trust this partisan organization (look at their funding) anymore than you trust the ACLU? Because they appear confirm your worst (but most desired) fears?

You are a true product of the US education system.

wilbur, in real life:
    Evidence tells me you are a product of the absence of education.

Why on earth should I trust this partisan organization (look at their funding) anymore than you trust the ACLU? Because they appear confirm your worst (but most desired) fears?

Given your propensity for viewing only the evidence that favors your own beliefs, regardless of the preponderance of evidence against you, I'm sure you had no trouble "concluding" this. Oh, and thanks for admitting that you didn't bother looking into any of their cases. I'd hate to be the one that causes any cracks in your armor of deliberate ignorance. After all, it's truly bliss, right?
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obamaís $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. Itís no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obamaís own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Haha... the woman who was convinced by her college professor husband that the world was created in six days speaks to others about brainwashing (in academia no less)... I guess you do have firsthand experience.
    Oh, and by the way, Mr Smith thought this was quite funny, especially given the fact that the only Being with actual firsthand experience with the creation of this world is also the One Who said it was done in 6 days. :D:D However, Mr Smith is more than happy to be associated with that Being. :)
    -
    -
    -

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    Oh, and by the way, Mr Smith thought this was quite funny,
    I'm glad your handler got a chuckle.

especially given the fact that the only Being with actual firsthand experience with the creation of this world is also the One Who said it was done in 6 days.
    There exists no possible means by which one can reliably declare your enormous claims above as fact... quite a perversion of the word.

Poor girl, I do pity you... your mind has been raped.

Banned
    Oh, and thanks for admitting that you didn't bother looking into any of their cases. I'd hate to be the one that causes any cracks in your armor of deliberate ignorance. After all, it's truly bliss, right?
    I did look into some cases... and no where did I "admit that I didn't bother looking into any". You, like several others here, really need to take the time to properly parse and interpret words... I said no such thing and you are injecting your own assumptions into my statements instead of taking them for what they say. This is how far too many conversations go... I respond to someone.. and they respond to their imagination.

Once you move beyond the site's rhetoric laden press releases, you'll find many of the cases are little to talk about.. minor bureaucratic snafus and misunderstandings trumped up with charged and dramatic language about rights and oppression and such. Its the pattern for advocacy groups such as this... its the same crap the ACLU does.
    Last edited by wilbur; 06-25-2009 at 03:06 PM.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    I did look into some cases... and no where did I "admit that I didn't bother looking into any". You, like several others here, really need to take the time to properly parse and interpret words... I said no such thing and you are injecting your own assumptions into my statements instead of taking them for what they say. This is how far too many conversations go... I respond to someone.. and they respond to their imagination.

Once you move beyond the site's rhetoric laden press releases, you'll find many of the cases are little to talk about.. minor bureaucratic snafus and misunderstandings trumped up with charged and dramatic language about rights and oppression and such. Its the pattern for advocacy groups such as this... its the same crap the ACLU does.

If that's the case why do you trouble yourself with us mere mortals ?