1. #1 Strip Club sues 7th Grader 
    A 14 year old 7th grader walked into the Cheetah Club in Corpus Christi and they gave her a job as an exotic dancer. It turns out the kid had been kidnapped, brought to Corpus Christi and sexually assaulted for a week and forced to work at the club.

Are you ready?? The club is suing the kid for conning them into employing her and her parents are named as defendants for failing to properly supervise their daughter. They named the kidnapper in the suit but for what I don't know.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/offb...090622_2598210
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmostThere View Post
    A 14 year old 7th grader walked into the Cheetah Club in Corpus Christi and they gave her a job as an exotic dancer. It turns out the kid had been kidnapped, brought to Corpus Christi and sexually assaulted for a week and forced to work at the club.

Are you ready?? The club is suing the kid for conning them into employing her and her parents are named as defendants for failing to properly supervise their daughter. They named the kidnapper in the suit but for what I don't know.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/offb...090622_2598210
    You wanna see evil? This is what it is.:eek:

If this ain't the most f*cked thing I've seen in a long time.

The club owner and his lawyer should both be beaten with bag full of door nods
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Power CUer
    What are door nods?
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    What are door nods?
    door nobs.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Power CUer
    Try one more time. Door KNOBS. Sometimes used as one word, doorknobs.

As to the suit, I think it's a case of "the best defense is a good offense."
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

The club was stupid enough to bring this on. The county prosecutor and/or state attorney general needs to let the club know just what government harrassment is. The owner needs to be charged with operating a strip club that employed at least one underage girl. The state liquor commission also needs to fine them for serving alcoholic beverages in the presence of a minor. The liquor license people should also do surprise inspections on a regular basis, and ideally, the INS should be in at least monthly checking all work permits and the immigration status of all the employees. All agencies should make copies of all identification of all employees (especially the dancers) and check it against the state databases, to ensure that the dancers are who their id says they are.

I remember how these clubs operate from my days as a delinquency worker. There are a few in metro Detroit that are known for hiring underage girls and providing them with fake id cards. The police will shut them down, and someone new will buy them and start all over again. If they are shady enough to hire underage girls and provide them with fake id, then they are shady enough to break other rules, like those forbidding the dancers from prostitution with customers.

I'm assuming they are suing as a CYA measure. "Not only did we not know she was 14, but since finding out, we've decided to sue everyone we can think of just to show our righteous indignation", or something like that.
    After everything that family has been through and now a bullshit lawsuit. I tell ya, it is the end of civilization as we know it. :(
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.