Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    As far as republicans go, I believe back in the 70s, GHW Bush and his wife were big supporters of Planned Parenthood. Before Reagan, the GOP wasn't known for being anti-abortion.
    Absolutely. The senior Bush was such an enthusiastic supporter of family planning when he was in Congress that his nickname among his colleagues was "Rubbers". :p
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Am I the only one who's waiting with baited breath to hear the actual tapes or are we, like the DUmmies, going to rely on the ever truthful NYTimes?

Power CUer
    There's no need to wait with bated breath (not "baited" unless your breath does smell like bait). If you had bothered to read the article you would have seen how to listen to the tapes.

http://nixon.archives.gov/
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I'm kind of disappointed in Nixon, too, for the racial comments.

As far as republicans go, I believe back in the 70s, GHW Bush and his wife were big supporters of Planned Parenthood. Before Reagan, the GOP wasn't known for being anti-abortion.
    True that. I still am a supporter of abortion rights, mostly because I think the government needs to keep out of my body. But the trend is to have the government speculum up so many body orifices these days, not to mention in your wallet 24/7. This is why, although I believe health care in this country really sucks, I don't really want government run health care either. I want my privacy back.

“There are times when an abortion is necessary. I know that. When you have a black and a white,”
    He was right. It probably would've saved your grandchildren a few trillion dollars.

Just sayin'......

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    There's no need to wait with bated breath (not "baited" unless your breath does smell like bait). If you had bothered to read the article you would have seen how to listen to the tapes.

http://nixon.archives.gov/
    It's the NYTimes, why should I read it? And if I want to hear from the grammar police I'll art, Miss Perfect.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Power CUer
    So, you haven't even made an effort to listen to the tapes, even though you asked. Figures.

What on earth does "I'll art" mean?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FDK View Post
    He was right. It probably would've saved your grandchildren a few trillion dollars.

Just sayin'......
    Truer words were never typed. :D

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    So, you haven't even made an effort to listen to the tapes, even though you asked. Figures.

What on earth does "I'll art" mean?
    You are in overdrive today correcting spelling, grammar etc. You must be PMSing big time. :D

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lars1701a View Post
    You are in overdrive today correcting spelling, grammar etc. You must be PMSing big time. :D
    The way y'all are always rambling on about how hold we are, I would think PMS wouldn't be an issue anymore.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III