Here's something that I received from American Solutions, Newt's Group.
There's still time, call your rep today or early tomorrow, before the vote is held tomorrow. I talked to my local rep's office. Todd Akin is voting against this nonsense. Here's hoping your reps are planning to do the same.
This week a late night deal was struck on the national energy tax. Clearly, Speaker Pelosi is running a machine, and was able to strong-arm a number of moderate Democrats to stand against their own districts and support this energy tax. Now, Speaker Pelosi is trying desperately to get a vote by tomorrow.
This national energy tax would possibly be the largest tax increase in American history, cause gas and electricity prices to skyrocket*, and add to our already spiraling federal deficit. We cannot afford this.
You can help in two ways right now that will have a big impact:
If you're wondering what to tell them, here are some points* to bring up. The energy tax would:
- Make a small contribution of $15 to keep our TV ad on the air. Your contribution will also be used to run newspaper ads in key districts to inform voters about this bill.
- Call your member of Congress now, and urge a vote against the national energy tax, H.R. 2454. Nancy Pelosi is desperately trying to corral as many Democrats as possible to vote with her, even though many of them have serious reservations. Your call right now can change the game.
Remember, we only have until tomorrow. Thanks for what you're doing.
- Reduce aggregate gross domestic product (GDP) by $9.6 trillion
- Destroy an average of 1-3 million jobs, every year
- Raise electricity rates 90 percent after adjusting for inflation
- Raise inflation-adjusted gasoline prices by 74 percent
- Raise residential natural gas prices by 55 percent
- Raise an average family's annual energy bill by $1,500 annually
- Increase the federal debt by 26 percent, which is $29,150 per person
Senior VP and COO
P.S. Keep up to date on all the key issues by joining our Facebook Page and following us on