Thread: Help Needed--Stop Cap and Trade
#1 Help Needed--Stop Cap and Trade06-25-2009, 05:17 PM
Here's something that I received from American Solutions, Newt's Group.
There's still time, call your rep today or early tomorrow, before the vote is held tomorrow. I talked to my local rep's office. Todd Akin is voting against this nonsense. Here's hoping your reps are planning to do the same.
This week a late night deal was struck on the national energy tax. Clearly, Speaker Pelosi is running a machine, and was able to strong-arm a number of moderate Democrats to stand against their own districts and support this energy tax. Now, Speaker Pelosi is trying desperately to get a vote by tomorrow.
This national energy tax would possibly be the largest tax increase in American history, cause gas and electricity prices to skyrocket*, and add to our already spiraling federal deficit. We cannot afford this.
You can help in two ways right now that will have a big impact:
- Make a small contribution of $15 to keep our TV ad on the air. Your contribution will also be used to run newspaper ads in key districts to inform voters about this bill.
- Call your member of Congress now, and urge a vote against the national energy tax, H.R. 2454. Nancy Pelosi is desperately trying to corral as many Democrats as possible to vote with her, even though many of them have serious reservations. Your call right now can change the game.
- Reduce aggregate gross domestic product (GDP) by $9.6 trillion
- Destroy an average of 1-3 million jobs, every year
- Raise electricity rates 90 percent after adjusting for inflation
- Raise inflation-adjusted gasoline prices by 74 percent
- Raise residential natural gas prices by 55 percent
- Raise an average family's annual energy bill by $1,500 annually
- Increase the federal debt by 26 percent, which is $29,150 per person
Senior VP and COO
P.S. Keep up to date on all the key issues by joining our Facebook Page and following us on
06-25-2009, 08:38 PM
All this obama crap reminds me of just throwing shit at the wall and see what sticks. He is trying to implement so many socialist programs at once that he just wants some of them to stick!
We do not need the Cap and Trade or the Universal Healthcare.
We need big change next year in both houses.
: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.
06-25-2009, 10:50 PM
Here's hoping pressure can be brought on some dems to not back these destructive programs.
06-25-2009, 10:57 PM
I'll just share some of my normal optimism. We are screwed!
06-26-2009, 12:15 AM
God I hope that the democrats in Congress don't act as sheep like usual. If this passes, coupled with universal healthcare, this country will have major problems."Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives."
Life is a story; if you stay on the same page forever you will never finish it.
"There are days you are the pigeon and days you are the statue."
06-26-2009, 07:07 AM
- Join Date
- Jun 2008
- eastern shore of virginia
CALL friends, put it on your twitter or facebook pages. Just say NO to Cap N Trade.
Post the phone number to call. Capitol Switchboard: 202-224-3121 or 800-828-0498
06-26-2009, 08:39 AM
- Join Date
- May 2008
Passage in the House is almost a given. The Senate may be another story.
|« Previous Thread | Next Thread »|