1. #1 I Can't Believe I'm Sitting Next to a Republican 
    I don't know if anyone has discussed this book, "I Can't Believe I'm Sitting Next to a Republican" on CU. I'm about half way through it, finding it very interesting. It's full of facts, figures, and personal stories by Harry Stein and many other conservatives stranded in Liberal-Land. It's definitely a book most of us would enjoy.

However, wilbur, you should avoid it. There are way too many facts, figures and truths scattered throughout. Oh, and Mr Smith reminded me that there are no pictures.

I Can't Believe I'm Sitting Next to a Republican: A Survival Guide for Conservatives Marooned Among the Angry, Smug, and Terminally Self-Righteous
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obamaís $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. Itís no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obamaís own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Sounds like an interesting book, Mrs. S.

Especially for someone like me who lived in a district that voted something like 98% for Kerry in 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    Sounds like an interesting book, Mrs. S.

Especially for someone like me who lived in a district that voted something like 98% for Kerry in 2004.
    Please - come live where I live - SHARPTON got over half of the vote in the 04 primary! MIND YOU - one of those votes was mine . . . . :D
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    Please - come live where I live - SHARPTON got over half of the vote in the 04 primary! MIND YOU - one of those votes was mine . . . . :D
    You should have seen how Gator jumped at me when I confessed to voting for Mayor Daley more than once.

When no Republicans even bother to run for Chicago Mayor and the only ones going against Daley are Bobby Rush and that ilk, it makes it a no-brainer.