Thread: Chicago's a real trendsetter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Chicago's a real trendsetter 
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!

Six Men Shot Dead In 24 Hours In Chicago
    Several Others Shot Or Stabbed And Wounded
    CHICAGO (CBS) ―
    Shootings claimed the lives of six men in the city in a bloody and violent 24 hours over the weekend.

Paging Full Auto...
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Just out of curiosity, have you ever been to Chicago?

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    I've been several times on business.. I HATE O'hare!! I've never been into or out of that airport on time!

But I have not been to the parts of Chicago that are making the news these days... I've mainly been restricted to business districts and my hotel. Normally I will drive the rental car around the city where I'm working just for the experience and to take pictures, but I've never had the opportunity in Chicago.

Why do you ask?

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stsinner View Post
    I've been several times on business.. I HATE O'hare!! I've never been into or out of that airport on time!

But I have not been to the parts of Chicago that are making the news these days... I've mainly been restricted to business districts and my hotel. Normally I will drive the rental car around the city where I'm working just for the experience and to take pictures, but I've never had the opportunity in Chicago.

Why do you ask?
    I was just curious. It's easy to bash major cities when one hasn't lived there.

Of course there are plenty of parts of the city which are crime ridden. But there are also beautiful and safe residential areas. I lived in the city proper for 8 years, and our neighborhood was incredibly safe.

I was just curious. It's easy to bash major cities when one hasn't lived there.

Of course there are plenty of parts of the city which are crime ridden. But there are also beautiful and safe residential areas. I lived in the city proper for 8 years, and our neighborhood was incredibly safe.
    Just as with any state/city with a bad reputation.. The bad news is what makes a city's reputation, wouldn't you agree? The same with people, too.. You're only as good as the last bad thing you did or screwed up... I'm not passing judgment, but rather reporting actual news stories. I would never insult FA's home city. :D He's a gun nut!

Quote Originally Posted by stsinner View Post
    Just as with any state/city with a bad reputation.. The bad news is what makes a city's reputation, wouldn't you agree? The same with people, too.. You're only as good as the last bad thing you did or screwed up... I'm not passing judgment, but rather reporting actual news stories. I would never insult FA's home city. :D He's a gun nut!

The only reason Chicago is surpassing Detroit in those numbers is because Detroit is all murdered out.

Banned
    I live here. You guys are not tough enough to bounce around here. Trust me. Your kind isn't welcome here, I suggest you drive around Illinois if you are near here

Quote Originally Posted by satanica View Post
    I live here. You guys are not tough enough to bounce around here. Trust me. Your kind isn't welcome here, I suggest you drive around Illinois if you are near here

I am tough enough. Muggers run from me and I don't even carry a weapon.

Resident Grump
    , I suggest you drive around Illinois if you are near here
    My arent we tough.