Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    I've never had a White Castle. I've never seen one of the stores but I didn't know they had frozen ones at Sams. I'll give them a try.
    They are little onion patties with a slight bit of artificial meat flavoring.

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Onion Burgers. Mmmmmmmmm.....
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by CLibertarian View Post
    They are little onion patties with a slight bit of artificial meat flavoring.
    It was real meat like frozen little square hockey pucks with lots of holes.Each White Tower was staffed with just one person who baked the rolls in large pans and cooked a full grills worth of onions and little bergers at once.He wrapped each in a little sleve and As fast as they came from the grill they were gone.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Not to divert from the White Castle thread, but SR bought a big package of frozen crawfish from Sam's. I was the eeevil one who took it back. It was "farmed in China". :eek: I don't trust their food for the hounds, let alone us. Funny that when I was at the opening of the new Whole Foods fancy schmancy store not far from my house, I again saw a large pack of frozen crawfish. I checked closer----also from China. I put it down.

That golfer special lunch sounds good. One of the reasons I joined my sorority at college was for the black cook. She was wonderful. Recently I found a cookbook with some of her favorite recipes. I didn't particularly like my sorority sis's, but loved the architecture of their house (looked like a Southern plantation home stuck on the Illinois prairie) and the cook, Virgie. Her southern cooking was outstanding.
    Chinese crawfish are tough, chewy and have a tang to them. I would rather spend a few dollars more and get the real deal from LA. Ever since I heard about them farming seafood in polluted waters I would not buy any thing from China.

Many years ago, we used to have a place that sold these miniature burgers. I don't remember if the name was White Castle or not but you had to eat 3 or 4 to equal a regular burger.

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    It was real meat like frozen little square hockey pucks with lots of holes.Each White Tower was staffed with just one person who baked the rolls in large pans and cooked a full grills worth of onions and little bergers at once.He wrapped each in a little sleve and As fast as they came from the grill they were gone.

I miss the good old days. I wasn't even there but I miss them.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

They put a White Castle into Kenosha right off the interstate down south near the Illinos border.

I have made 2 hour road trips to go there and indulge from time to time.

The little bacon cheeseburgers are the greatest invention since sliced bread or penicillan.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Camden New Joursey People Talk About White Tower and Marbett's

"There's a picture of a White Tower Castle at the link !"

http://www.dvrbs.com/camden/CamdenNJ...r-Marbetts.htm

A long time ago, my mother and father (and me) took the bus to NYC, and you boarded it at a stop outside the White Tower. I remember a white bag of hamburgers were purchased at 5 (five) cents each that were placed inside a small bun. The burgers were the size of a silver dollar. Not, too, good in taste and quality (but, at that time, around 1935, who cared about "quality"?).
    I loved the taste of those burgers,there was something about the combination of the grilled hamburger meat, chopped unions and the pickle. I consider myself an aficionado after sitting in the Bridge Plaza White Tower and having a couple burgers and coffee every night for most of Feb. and March 1948 as I was waiting for the bus to take me home while courting my lovely wife to be.

http://www.dvrbs.com/camden/CamdenNJ...r-Marbetts.htm

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by asdf2231 View Post
    They put a White Castle into Kenosha right off the interstate down south near the Illinos border.

I have made 2 hour road trips to go there and indulge from time to time.

The little bacon cheeseburgers are the greatest invention since sliced bread or penicillan.
    Ahhh...finally someone who understands!!!:D

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    Onion Burgers. Mmmmmmmmm.....
    To me, the onions overpower the burger. However, to each their own. When I eat them, I am usually in pain afterwards along with other digestive problems that they cause. I can't see the big deal people make about them.

What about Crystal burgers. I find they are a tad more tolerable, but they have lil chili-dogs that kick ass. Now if we could get an IN-N-OUT here on the east coast I'd be a happy, happy man.