Thread: Go piss on somebody else's grave!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Some are reasonable, but then there's the flamin' LW'ers. Their standard procedure is exactly what I make a conscious attempt to avoid. That is cherry-picking their standards and general morality to fit a specific subject. There are no self imposed morals. No rule is so rigid as to cause them to question their own position. Life is precious if it's a convicted murderer if any LW motives can be attached. Kill'em if RW. Free speech if they agree, support the"fairness doctrine" . The list is endless.

And, a few will look over hear to see if they were mentioned. One or two may read this and think "typical repuke". They won't give a thought to what I said, because they "feel good" thinking in circles.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    So I guess I'm a war criminal as well? I knowingly reenlisted under President Bush, after we had invaded Iraq.

So should I go find a lawyer?
    You should post how proud you are of reenlisting on DU. :D

Quote Originally Posted by 3rd-try View Post
    Some are reasonable, but then there's the flamin' LW'ers. Their standard procedure is exactly what I make a conscious attempt to avoid. That is cherry-picking their standards and general morality to fit a specific subject. There are no self imposed morals. No rule is so rigid as to cause them to question their own position. Life is precious if it's a convicted murderer if any LW motives can be attached. Kill'em if RW. Free speech if they agree, support the"fairness doctrine" . The list is endless.

And, a few will look over hear to see if they were mentioned. One or two may read this and think "typical repuke". They won't give a thought to what I said, because they "feel good" thinking in circles.
    To quote the great Stone Cold Steve Austin, "You hit the nail right on the head, son." The radical left believe life is precious when it comes to animals and convicted murderers but when it comes to conservatives or unborn children, not so much.
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

They should be in overdrive! 4 famous people dead this week. I wonder if they hate Billy Mays too!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    So I guess I'm a war criminal as well? I knowingly reenlisted under President Bush, after we had invaded Iraq.

So should I go find a lawyer?
    You don't need a lawyer. You're obviously guilty. Report to The Hague immediately for sentencing.

MH1 (1000+ posts) Sat Jun-27-09 07:27 PM
    Response to Reply #27
    32. Michael Jackson was not a politician
    He may not have been able to put the opulence of his lifestyle in perspective, but as far as I know he didn't start any wars or encourage people to torture other people. He did do a lot for various charities and events that support liberal values. (Remember "We are the world" for just one)

Also, asking people to refrain from mean-spirited attacks is not the same as saying you think the guy is a saint
    Kinda funny talking about someone who NEVER VOTED AT ALL!!!!!!
    BOWZER LIVES!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Biblically it is an appropriate comparison. Adultery even made God's top ten list. Adultery has become acceptable in the current incarnation of society but during Biblical periods marriage to young girls (13 and 14) was socially acceptable due to the shorter life expectancies.

I'm not advocating for pedophilia, I'm just answering your question in so far as my understanding of the comparison goes. Now in light of all that, I am sure that those on DU have a wholly different reason why one is worse than the other and also some DUers see pedophilia as perfectly acceptable as is adultery.
    From your past posts I know you are a sincere person. It absolutely goes without saying that you aren't advocating pedophilia or tolerance of it. But I cannot disagree with you more in comparing adultery to pedophilia. Both are morally reprehensible but I could never say adultery ranks even near pedophilia regardless of Biblical context.
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

"""I prefer the open dialogue that has made DU my favorite message board. We're generally free here to say whatever we want, within some very wide boundaries."""

Is there another board with DU as the initials?