Thread: Moody Monday

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Moody Monday 
    Hot, hot, hot, YEAH!! Been swimming every day.

TOTD: What other political (or interesting) Internet sites do you enjoy?
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.

Power CUer
    My other regular hangout is CruiseCritic.com, because vacations don't plan themselves.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    It's 76 and humid here right now. Maybe some T-Storms and I need to cut the grass.

TOTD: Weather.com to watch for potential weather related disasters and of course...Global Warming News!!!! :D

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    It's super hot here today. What a surprise! I want it to be November already.

TOTD: I really don't. I check out NU sometimes but that's about it.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Bay news 9, for the cool weather graphics. Google world, because that's the only way I'll see places I'd like to visit.

It will be cloudy and in the mid 80s here which is just about right. I'm looking forward to a few non-party days for a while. That whole sociability thing gets to me after a while although we did have a great time.

TOTD: There are knitting sites that I visit for technical advice and I read GardenWeb from time to time. I always cruise Free Republic and I read The High Road. That's mostly it since I don't have unlimited time. I get all my news off the Internet, of course.

Ugh. Good title for today's thread, LL. Despite having lived in the desert for 29 years, I never get used to these summers. Oppressive heat. I went for a short run yesterday morning and felt like crap for the rest of the day. Drinking more water than a fish and still feel hot and grumpy.

Today is shaping up to be the same. Thank goodness I work in a nice air-conditioned building. I don't know how construction workers and other outdoor professionals do it! I'm in awe.

TOTD: Runner's World for motivation, updates and news in the world of running. TMZ for celebrity gossip. Mental Floss to sharpen my mind. Calorie King to remind me to watch those food choices!
    2011 CU Fantasy Baseball Champion

Banned
    Still overcast and mild (low 70s) here in the metropolis. I was supposed to be in Zurich this week, but the client has had a change of heart and is now completely reassessing the project (ironically, in the direction I recommended after the first week). So, I'm working out of the house this week.

TOTD: Drudge is my homepage and probably my next most accessed site is The Sun (English tabloid) for their soccer coverage. I don't participate in any other message boards, other than this and an occassional stop at NU. Sometimes if I want a glimpse into trailer park life, I pop into Clietus' Cesspool (where they value their dogs, more than their womin folk). :D
    Last edited by Cold Warrior; 07-07-2008 at 10:49 AM.

Patent Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    Sometimes if I want a glimpse into trailer park life, I pop into Clietus' Cesspool (where they value their dogs, more than their womin folk). :D
    That's because dogs are expensive to buy and train. If you lose a dog, you have to get a new one and spend a lot of time teaching him how to behave.

Women are only expensive to get rid of. If you lose a woman, you count your blessings and hope another one doesn't find you.

TOTD: I look at esoteric things. PatentlyO blog, Michelle Malkin, websites on programming or electronics, SCOTUS blog...

Hot and humid and just drove home from work through rain...gotta love summers in Florida.

TOTD: Not a lot, except occasionally checking out HorrorWorld.org to see what writers are posting on their boards (Ed Lee, of course). Sometimes I'll go to other author sites, but not many. I also like checking out movie trailers on Yahoo Movies... My own companies website has some cool new features including some interactive author stuff and special "featured author" sites called B&N Studio, I think.
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature