Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 We are all gonna die. 
    Using flash technology, photographer Simon Hoegsberg has created a one hundred meter long image of people which he subtitles ‘100 meters of existence’. Over the course of a twenty day period in 2007 he took pictures of hundreds of people from the same place on a bridge in Berlin, Germany. These were then spliced together and this sliding view of humanity on their way who knows where is the result. Slide along and people watch!

http://www.simonhoegsberg.com/we_are...ie/slider.html
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Great picture .The pair, man and woman with eye gauze look like they both belted each other .Did you see the guy with the extended digit.There's something about Germans that seems to make them easy to identify as being German ?

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    It doesn't work for me.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Wait. What? I thought this was an EOTWAWKI thread.

I love this picture.. I posted it in a photography forum, and it's interesting which people stand out to different people...

There are a lot of profound thought in this picture if you take the time.. Just into it, there's a middle-aged man, very fit looking, dressed in jeans and a denim shirt with a smart belt.. obviously not out to impress anyone-obviously been in the work force a while.. And then there's a twenty-something kid in a suit-tie and all.. Obviously dressed to impress.. This is very early in the picture (before the lade with the skunk stripe).. We'll get to more as the picture is digested... 100 meters long-now that's a picture.. It captures a good cross section of humanity in this part of Germany.

The stoner with the blue glasses on the bicycle kind of creeps me out...

Some people look so determined, and some just look so lost..

What about the man carrying the baby in a nursing sling with headphones on.... Weird.....

And the guy next to him with dual hoop earrings sucking on a pudding pop....

The dual right-eye patch is a hoot, though.. Unless a local optometrist was running a special on right-eye lasik, somebody has some 'splainin' to do.......

What a neat picture.
    Last edited by stsinner; 06-30-2009 at 10:48 PM.
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stsinner View Post
    I love this picture..
    I feel sorry for the baby in the stroller with the mother that has the skull and crossbones t-shirt. Reminds me of Shannon!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I feel sorry for the baby in the stroller with the mother that has the skull and crossbones t-shirt. Reminds me of Shannon!
    OH, damn....

Quote Originally Posted by stsinner View Post
    Using flash technology, photographer Simon Hoegsberg has created a one hundred meter long image of people which he subtitles ‘100 meters of existence’. Over the course of a twenty day period in 2007 he took pictures of hundreds of people from the same place on a bridge in Berlin, Germany. These were then spliced together and this sliding view of humanity on their way who knows where is the result. Slide along and people watch!

http://www.simonhoegsberg.com/we_are...ie/slider.html
    There are stand-alone tools that could do this splice but Photoshop CS3 and CS4 can do this kind of job with just a few clicks on the mouse. The Auto-align and Auto-blend commands are really impressive in CS4. I've done panoramas that seemed impressive at first look but were really easily done. I wonder if he has model release forms from all those folks? At least the ones who are recognizable. Good way to get sued.
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    It doesn't work for me.

Me, neither.

Here's the guy to which I was referring: