Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Brits Crack Down On Racist Babies. 
    Toddlers who dislike spicy food 'racist'

By Rosa Prince, Political Correspondent
    Last Updated: 10:15AM BST 07/07/2008

Toddlers who turn their noses up at spicy food from overseas could be branded racists by a Government-sponsored agency.

The National Children's Bureau, which receives £12 million a year, mainly from Government funded organisations, has issued guidance to play leaders and nursery teachers advising them to be alert for racist incidents among youngsters in their care.

This could include a child of as young as three who says "yuk" in response to being served unfamiliar foreign food.

The guidance by the NCB is designed to draw attention to potentially-racist attitudes in youngsters from a young age.

It alerts playgroup leaders that even babies can not be ignored in the drive to root out prejudice as they can "recognise different people in their lives".
    These are the End Days.

Racist

Power CUer
    "This could include a child of as young as three who says "yuk" in response to being served unfamiliar foreign food. "

That would be approximately one out of every one toddler, right?

Honestly, what happened to England? Why are they constantly doing these outrageously stupid things?
    They're not people, they're hippies!! -Cartman

It is nothing against you to fall down flat, but to lie there - that's disgrace

noonwitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Junebug68 View Post
    Honestly, what happened to England? Why are they constantly doing these outrageously stupid things?

It can't be all of England that is doing this kind of thing.

I love spicy food as an adult, but it took a few decades of smoking to numb my taste buds to the point where I can eat Thai or Indian food.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post

I love spicy food as an adult, but it took a few decades of smoking to numb my taste buds to the point where I can eat Thai or Indian food.
    There is just so much wrong this. All children go through picky phases or phases of eating just a few familiar foods. Will they rehab the Asian kid who turns up his nose at common British dishes? Food is a personal issue. Disliking spicy foods or unfamiliar foods isn't some kind of moral failing, it's a preference. I could go the rest of my life without curry and still have a high quality existence. The same is true of any food or any preparation method.

The idea of Food Police is appalling.

I'd say this has to be a joke but its already here in the States. You can't say super-size at mickey D's no more trans-fats. It's beginning to remind me of Escape from L.A. no smoking, no drinking no sex before marriage. Can't wait til I get thrown in jail for farting in public. Emitting green house gases without a carbon offset.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by ConJinx View Post
    It's beginning to remind me of Escape from L.A. no smoking, no drinking, no sex before marriage.
    The first one I can understand, but the latter two....???:eek:

noonwitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    There is just so much wrong this. All children go through picky phases or phases of eating just a few familiar foods. Will they rehab the Asian kid who turns up his nose at common British dishes? Food is a personal issue. Disliking spicy foods or unfamiliar foods isn't some kind of moral failing, it's a preference. I could go the rest of my life without curry and still have a high quality existence. The same is true of any food or any preparation method.

The idea of Food Police is appalling.

Steak and kidney pie is just such an appetizing concept-I think plenty of kids would be sickened by the idea. Or pickled eels, or whatever other traditional "british" foods one can name, with a few exceptions like scones, cheesecake, and fish and chips.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Well I can understand if the kids get upset being given a bottle full
    of camel milk or some fried camel nuggets for the older tikes. :D

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I can't believe this is in the Telegraph. (It sounds like an Onion piece). This is even more frightening:

Nurseries are encouraged to report as many incidents as possible to their local council. The guide added: "Some people think that if a large number of racist incidents are reported, this will reflect badly on the institution. In fact, the opposite is the case."
    Does this not sound like George Orwell? The guy was in government and seems to have been privy to actual future planning.