Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Here are the last two replies to this thread... Man this place is deep.

In response to "why did god kill kids?"

They were ugly and they cried to much and would have grown up just like you!
    Today 08:21 AM

And then this mess...

Or be like you and fling poo at any person that is a believer?

Quote Originally Posted by satanica View Post

And then this mess...

We are not here for your entertainment sweetheart!

Banned

And then this mess...

You are not worth it, plain and simple. Now go off and blow your hand up with firecrackers or something.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    We are not here for your entertainment sweetheart!
    Too late, my wife and I are laughing our asses off.

She really likes the one where Obama is going to hand out suicide pills to old people to kill them off and save health care costs.

Damn, even my dog is laughing.

Banned
    Too late, my wife and I are laughing our asses off.

She really likes the one where Obama is going to hand out suicide pills to old people to kill them off and save health care costs.

Damn, even my dog is laughing.
    You have a wife? what was his name before the sex change?

Quote Originally Posted by Lars1701a View Post
    I wonder if he showed her the post he did where he told FlaGator that he wished his mother died a slow painful death. Real class act this guy is.

Banned
    People like supercrash, japondroid etc make me wonder how low their self-esteem is they have to disrupt a message board over and over and over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Lars1701a View Post
    Japanica!

My understanding of taking the Lord's name in vain is to use it in any way that lacks reference to our Creator or to make demands on Him. Gator is right in that the Lord forgives us when we misuse his name but that is only for believers who specifically ask to be forgiven for their misuse and one must be making a concerted effort to not use with out reverence. When Gator types the word then he is not acting in a manner consistent with his beliefs and is rebelling against the commands of God. Typing is not like uttering in that one can erase the misuse before making it public. When it is used in text messages it shows willful disobedience to the commands of God and is a sign that the Holy Spirit is not present in a person's being.
    Last edited by FlaGator; 07-04-2009 at 10:58 AM.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by stsinner View Post
    Now, I'm a Catholic, and I pretty much live my live obeying the 10 Commandments, but one, in particular, has given me pause..

Do not take the Lord's name in vain...

My whole life I thought this meant to not say God Dammit.... But I spoke with a preacher lately who has told me that his interpretation of this means that you shall never call on the Lord to help you and think that your calling is in vain... Two totally differnt interpretations... "Don't curse when saying the Lord's name," as opposed to, "Never think that when you call on the Lord it's in vain.."

You thoughts?
    Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord, thy God, in vain.

I'd say it's based on disrespecting Him, not just by using His name as a curse.

By the standards of the world today, saying His Son's name in any way except as a curse is not "politically correct" in public places.

Christ told us that the greatest commandment was to love the Lord with all our hearts, souls and minds, which obviously correlates with the First Commandment, so it would seem to be all disrespect, whether word or thought or deed. Possibly that's where your pastor found his interpretation?

On edit, I'd add that doubting His authority over all human life would be both disrespectful and foolish. God is the owner and Creator of every single human life, only He can say when each life should end...hence the great sin of abortion, when mankind makes the choice to end of lives of innocent infants.
    Last edited by MrsSmith; 07-04-2009 at 10:59 AM.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obamaís $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. Itís no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obamaís own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.