Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by satanica View Post
    LOL. So if I can't answer the giant question of how the universe started ...then by default it must have been made by an unseen sky god that is over looking us from his headquarters ?

Is that how your brain works ? ...If you don't understand how something works it must be the hand of god ?

Anyway, the answer is the universe came to be by a quantum flucuation that expanded (and is still expanding) to the universe we see today
    And who do you think created the quantum fluctuations and who manipulated the initial conditions of that "random" event in order to produce a universe that was ideally suited to develop a world that has the perfect conditions to sustain life? Who created and introduced the DNA on that world that would eventually become the basis of every living creature including a creature who's DNA gave it the ability to handle complex thoughts and ideas and the ability to reason to such a degree that the creature could irrationally conclude that there is no Creator?

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

gator
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    When Gator types the word then he is not acting in a manner consistent with his beliefs and is rebelling against the commands of God. Typing is not like uttering in that one can erase the misuse before making it public. When it is used in text messages it shows willful disobedience to the commands of God and is a sign that the Holy Spirit is not present in a person's being.
    The word "goddamn" is a Southern colloquial term used to show disrespect to the person or groups connected with the name, not to the Lord. Notice when I use the term I always use a lowercase “goddamn”. When talking about the Lord I would use an uppercase “God”.

When I use the term “goddamn Israelis bastards” it has absolutely nothing to do with the Lord and everything to do with the Israelis.

However, I would advise you to not make statements about what you think about consistency of my beliefs. I feel very comfortable using the term goddamn in a discussion and I also feel very comfortable with my love of the Lord.

For instance, I would never consider even using the word yankee without the prefix of goddamn yankee. They go together. I think the Lord understands, although you don’t.

Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    The word "goddamn" is a Southern colloquial term used to show disrespect to the person or groups connected with the name, not to the Lord. Notice when I use the term I always use a lowercase “goddamn”. When talking about the Lord I would use an uppercase “God”.

When I use the term “goddamn Israelis bastards” it has absolutely nothing to do with the Lord and everything to do with the Israelis.

However, I would advise you to not make statements about what you think about consistency of my beliefs. I feel very comfortable using the term goddamn in a discussion and I also feel very comfortable with my love of the Lord.

For instance, I would never consider even using the word yankee without the prefix of goddamn yankee. They go together. I think the Lord understands, although you don’t.
    I won't read your posts aloud to my wife. Nuff said.

You'd better hope so, we'll all be answering to Him for our transgressions...
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Power CUer
    Did not God also create Yankees?
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Yes and we can be rehabilitated.

Just a small point - "GOD" is not His name. It is a description of what he is. Kinda like RACIST BIGOT is not gator's name - but is a very apt description.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

gator
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I think the Devil created them but I have no scientific proof to back it up other than their obvious stupidity and obnoxious behavior.

I never made any statement concerning you and your beliefs specifically. I did use you as an example for the forgiveness of God. What is between you and God is between you and God. However, your response leads me to suspect that you may at some deep level question your own behavior. Christ said that we would recognize other Christians by their fruit. I would suggest that examine yourself an see what type fruit you produce and then compare it to what scripture says Christians exhibit. Personally I do this on a daily basis and I always find myself falling short and doing what I can to correct my behavior and begin it more in to alignment with what God expects.

Do you think that your actions put a good light or Christianity? Christ told us to be the light of the world in order to attract the lost to His saving grace. Are you attracting the lost by the example you put forward? You have no need to defend yourself to me because I am not accusing you of anything. I am suggesting you to examine yourself and to use Christ as the yardstick by which you measure yourself and not your Southern heriiage or the behavior of the world or even the behavior of other Christians. Ask yourself if you worship God as He reveals himself in the Bible.
    Last edited by FlaGator; 07-04-2009 at 02:22 PM.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Christ told us to be the light of the world in order to attack the lost to His saving grace. I am accusing you of anything.
    Oops.. Slow down, FG.. :)
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!