1. #1 Don't jump on Palin's grave yet 
    DonCoquixote (361 posts) Fri Jul-03-09 10:20 PM
    Original message
    Don't jump on Palin's grave yet
    I am happy to see her heading towards choppy waters, but frankly, I see many people are acting like she is going out to pasture. I would love to believe that, as it would go along with my logic, but then again, that same logic told me there was no way in Hell W. would not be thrown out of office in a landslide.

Yes, Sarah is silly, and all the reasons we hate her are exactly the reasons why John and Jane Six pack love her. We see Stupid and Ignorant, they see humble and strong. We see Bigot, they see Saint. We see corrupt politico, they see businesswoman. Furthermore, the Rich know she will be a perfect puppet, someone who is not smart enough to ask questions, and who will delegate to others, just like W. did to Cheney. The Churches will get behind her, to say nothing of Faux News, talk radio, and even the so called "Main Stream Media."

There is another factor that comes in. Admittedly, even though Obama is an incumbent, he has an uphill struggle for 2012. Right now, he is unpopular, because he is acting a little too much like Clinton, Triangulating, trying to herd centrist and right wing cats into compromising when we all know they have no intent too. However, even if he was to transform into the ultra liberal some here want him to become, he would still be unpopular, because of course, that feeds the whole "he's really a Marxist" line. Of course, keep in mind, regardless of if Obama goes left, right or center, there is no way he can undo what amounts to 8 years of abuse (really 30 years when you add Reagan) in 4 years. There will be no way, even if we were guided by angels, to avoid some of the backlash, the outright fact that America, and indeed the Whole Friggin Western world, will need to become one voice in a chorus rather than the diva whose name is on the marquee. America is not ready for that, at all, and Obama will be the scapegoat.

Of course, enter the clowns. There will be the well meaning third party types who see a Palin vs Obama fight as their first real chance to get elected, as both candidates will be easy to attack. These folks will have the best of intentions, but they do not realize that the system is still tilted towards money, which means the GOP. Remember that Clinton did not win a lot of the vote, but merely got more then what Perot and Bush had. Yes, the Libertarians will be around, as will the Greens, BUT, the left always divides, the right merely pretends to. I do not care how many times the libertarians go on Democracy Now!, if they see Palin needs a nudge to get in, they will all fall in line and nudge! THAT is the thing we can never forget, the Right wing stays unified, and because of that, they get what they want. No, I do not want to see us goosestep, but we cannot ignore the fact that we let the right outfox us because we get high off our own vanity!
    Interesting a democrat with more than just insults.

http://www.democraticunderground.com...esg_id=5984933
    Last edited by Rockntractor; 07-04-2009 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Interesting a democrat with more than just insults.
    link?
    BOWZER LIVES!!!

Even notice how the dems accuse conservatives of what ever it is they are doing - or would do?
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.