1. #1 Bernard Madoff hires help to survive hard time 
    Bernard Madoff has hired a veteran prison consultant to help him to find the best possible jail in which to serve his 150-year sentence for Wall Street’s biggest fraud.

After his sentencing this week Madoff, now Prisoner No 1727-054, met Herb Hoelter, of the National Centre for Institutions and Alternatives, whose previous clients include the jailed Sotheby’s chairman Alfred Taubman and the financiers Michael Milken and Ivan Boesky.

The draconian maximum sentence imposed by the judge means that Madoff, 71, will be assigned to a tougher category of prison than most white-collar criminals.

He could be forced to mingle with murderers, rapists, drug-dealers and white supremacist gangs with a hatred of Jews. Madoff is Jewish.

He could even find himself incarcerated with terrorists in the infamous “Supermax” jail in Florence, Colorado.

“He was incredibly disappointed. He knew he was going to spend the rest of his life in prison. I don’t think that was ever an issue,” Mr Hoelter told The Times. “But it’s patently unfair to cast him as a symbol of all evil.” ...
    link

“But it’s patently unfair to cast him as a symbol of all evil.”

I'm sure Bernie is just a victim.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

I can't imagine knowing that you will never again live outside a prison and that your legacy will end when you finally die incarcerated.
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stsinner View Post
    I can't imagine knowing that you will never again live outside a prison and that your legacy will end when you finally die incarcerated.
    I can't imagine even considering doing what he did to earn his jail time so . . . .
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    “But it’s patently unfair to cast him as a symbol of all evil.”

I'm sure Bernie is just a victim.
    Poor, poor Bernie.