Thread: Save Our CEOs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Save Our CEOs 
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Micky Moore is making a new crockumentery, and this time its about the financial mess.

Plot:

A look at the global financial crisis and the U.S. economy during the transition between the incoming Obama Administration and the outgoing Bush Administration.
    I'm willing to bet, that its all going to be Bush's fault, and every thing 0 has tried was only countermanded by greedy Republicans looking to serve the fat cats of wallstreet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhfzvzKm_xk
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Sonnabend
    Mr Moore..would you care to disclose your net worth? Including the shares you own in Halliburton?

No?

Didnt think so.

Any bets on if this will be a bigger flop than his last one? I'm pretty certain that people are sick of hearing about this and who is at fault. At this point people just want something done about it.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Any bets on if this will be a bigger flop than his last one? I'm pretty certain that people are sick of hearing about this and who is at fault. At this point people just want something done about it.
    I didn't mind Moore until he filmed a vet in his film who later said that he didn't want to be used for Moore's film.

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I didn't mind Moore until he filmed a vet in his film who later said that he didn't want to be used for Moore's film.
    The Quad amputee in 9/11? He sued Moore for that, but the judge threw it out. He didn't even agree to appear in the movie, it was a hack job of a interview on the news that was cut and paste to make it look like he hated Bush.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

He is so disingenuous it's sad. If you want to see an interesting documentary, watch one called Manufacturing Dissent. It's about 2 people who try to get an interview with Michael Moore. They were fans of his and wanted an interview because they were doing a documentary on him. Their views of him changed dramatically. Really, if you've haven't seen it, it's a must. Also, read Michael Moore Is A Big Fat Stupid White Man.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

The gist of it will probably be that something is wrong with all these CEOs making all this money for producing products and services that people want to buy. However, his Hollywood buddies, star athletes and rock stars making the same large sums are exempt from scorn, because....... well, I'm sure he will manufacture a logical reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Lager View Post
    The gist of it will probably be that something is wrong with all these CEOs making all this money for producing products and services that people want to buy. However, his Hollywood buddies, star athletes and rock stars making the same large sums are exempt from scorn, because....... well, I'm sure he will manufacture a logical reason.
    To be fair, Hollywood, the NFL, NBA, MLB, ect. aren't in financial trouble and laying off workers while studio execs and team owners and front offices get rich. Their business' are booming.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Sonnabend
    To be fair, Hollywood, the NFL, NBA, MLB, ect. aren't in financial trouble and laying off workers while studio execs and team owners and front offices get rich. Their business' are booming.
    ..and?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Micky Moore is making a new crockumentery, and this time its about the financial mess.

I'm willing to bet, that its all going to be Bush's fault, and every thing 0 has tried was only countermanded by greedy Republicans looking to serve the fat cats of wallstreet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhfzvzKm_xk
    Apocalypse, have you already seen the film? How do you know he doesn't focus some attention on Dodd and Frank?

Both parties are in bed with Wall Street and the major banks--I bet he won't skip over that fact.

Are economists putting more weight or blame on 2001-2006 or 2006-present? The whole issue in terms of causes and effects is so complicated and could be debated ad infinitum -- but to deny the Dems part in the financial mess would be dishonest on Moore's part.

I general like to wait until I see a film before reviewing it.