Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    Does your foot taste good?

I mean, as I said, that Sarah is tired of Alaska spending millions of dollars on bogus complaints that will find no ethical violations. She can't do the job when her staff is constantly busy searching for proof that she is innocent.
    I thought she paid for those out of her own pocket?

The burden of proof AND the cost should be on the shoulders of those filing the bogus claims, but it isn't. Of course, like all "good" libs, those that hate Sarah are doing it on the taxpayer dollar.

If the political parties were reversed, the media wouldn't be reporting the claims in the ethical complaints, they'd be reporting the amount of money wasted for no reason.

They would also be screaming "innocent until proven guilty," a phrase that seems to apply only to Dims.
    Sorry, not buying it. In fact, I agree with George Will on Palin's 'reasons' (if you can call them that):

"The one that rings most hollow is, she doesn't want to put Alaska through the terror of [her] being a lame-duck governor," Will said. "If she is just weary of it, one can understand that. Still, she made a contract with [voters] to serve out her term. And she said, in her own words, she now is a quitter."
    Frankly, MrsSmith, if you got all that from Palin's somewhat rambling and incoherent statement on Friday, then you are smarter than most conservative politicians and pundits including Karl Rove--because they don't have a clue as to what she's up to:

Conservatives taken aback by Palin's decision to resign

By contrast, those on the political right acknowledged that they didn't know what to make of it.

Karl Rove, the "architect" of George W. Bush's successful presidential campaigns, said the resignation left many of Palin's fellow Republicans "a little perplexed."

"It's a risky strategy," Rove told "Fox News Sunday."

"Astounding," was the pronouncement by Republican Sen. Chuck Grassley of Iowa, and conservative columnist George Will said Palin was declaring herself a quitter.
    Also, you don't appear to fully comprehend the expression to put one's foot in one's mouth.:o;)

Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    I thought she paid for those out of her own pocket?
    She is paying half a million in legal fees. The remaining millions are staff salaries and government expenses required to handle the government side of every bogus complaint.

Sorry, not buying it. In fact, I agree with George Will on Palin's 'reasons' (if you can call them that):

Frankly, MrsSmith, if you got all that from Palin's somewhat rambling and incoherent statement on Friday, then you are smarter than most conservative politicians and pundits including Karl Rove--because they don't have a clue as to what she's up to:

Conservatives taken aback by Palin's decision to resign
    Word for word. Perhaps you need to brush up your reading and comprehension skills.

Also, you don't appear to fully comprehend the expression to put one's foot in one's mouth.:o;)
    It means that you've either said something really stupid, which you did, or you've said something to embarrass another person, which you also did. In fact, most of your posts are embarassing.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    It means that you've either said something really stupid, which you did, or you've said something to embarrass another person, which you also did. In fact, most of your posts are embarassing.
    Likewise, I find many of your posts idiotic and thin on logic and reason.

I don't agree with your take on Palin's recent statement--why is that embarrassing? Do you see yourself as some brilliant political thinker we should all bow down to?

How you even formed your take on her speech is almost as mysterious as the speech itself. Perhaps you're better at translating Sarah-speak than the rest of us. You're so big on facts--would you mind posting a few??-- Because conservative politicos are not hearing what you're hearing.

Maybe Karl Rove and George Will are not privy to the same 'facts' that you are.

IMO--she owes the State of Alaska to serve out her term.

BTW - Calling someone's point of view 'stupid' is not much of a counter-argument.

I don't know you personally, I'm sure you're nice person. We may even get on swimmingly under other circumstances.;)

The big Cheese
    I am a dickhead Dave....

One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafod View Post
    On to deep throat hags

The big Cheese
    yeah that was clever......

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafod View Post
    yeah that was clever......
    Actually, I thought you had come up with some sort of anagram based on my signature quote... then I realized you weren't that smart.:p;)

BTW--are you mr. smith? Then why do you care. Or why didn't you respond intelligently to my post responding to her??

The big Cheese
    Actually, I thought you had come up with some sort of anagram based on my signature quote... then I realized you weren't that smart.:p;)

BTW--are you mr. smith? Then why do you care. Or why didn't you respond intelligently to my post responding to her??
    what ever HAL